Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How safe/dangerous is it to get your bellybutton pierced somewhere without parental consent?

I want a bellybutton ring but my mom isn't a fan. I'm almost 16. if I find a place that would pierce without parental consent, how safe or dangerous would it be?

in Ohio, by the wayy.

Favorite Answer

NOO don't do it!

If they don't care enough about their business/jobs to break the law, how much do you think they'll care about the health of their customers?

Just wait until you're 18, it's so not worth the risk

18. Identical to most states, even though some states, it's older. Even though you aren't leaving completely, simply going to a movie or something, it can be still 18. If you are abused, call the police officers when it happens. In case you are neglected, call little one protecting offerings. Otherwise, attempt to work things out. There shall be a day when you need your dad and mom for your part and strolling away shouldn't be methods to do it. (incidentally, for scholarships and such for institution, the assumption is that your dad and mom will help you until you might be 24. So that you need their support in applying for scholarships.) do not burn that bridge.

not safe! You shoould keep asking your mom. Im 17 and i wouldnt do it without my dad knowing. Besides, if you go to a place and they dont care that you dont have a parent with you then they suck and dont care about your well being. andddd, how you gonna hide it. One day you will forget to hid it and you'll be going to the pool and she might see it. This could be a good way to burn your mothers trust. Besides you only 15, wait till your mom gives you the okay.

BUT, if you do find a olace and you go ahead and do it anyway, then please make sre everything is brand new and clean. Make sure they have their license, and make sure they know what they are doing. Make sure they use a clamp to pierce it, make sure they wash their hands and put gloves on! Take gooooooood care of your piercing and do not play with it , and do not go swimming yet.!

Good luck..

Source(s): 17 years old -- Industrial Nose Ears Soooon to be Lip :)

Not safe at all.

Most places that arnt truly professionals even ask for parental consent.

I'd rather wait til my parents would let me or when I'm old enough to go by myself. I would wait until you're 16 and then you could offer to pay for it, even though you're a little bit older your mom will probably ease up on the idea, and she'll most likely like it even more if you offer to pay.

BUT when it does come to you having to pay, please google areas and around you AND read reviews on them and how good their overrall business is.

If the person knows what they are doing then it's fine. just make sure you clean it often, don't go swimming for a while (two months i think) and take care of it..

there is always a possibility of infection or having your body rejecting the piercing no matter where you get it done. if you take care of it you shold be ok

• Laura

The only place that will let you get it pierced is not a professional studio. It is not safe and extremely dangerous.