Chloe asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Was my dinner really that low in calories?

I've just eaten my dinner which felt like an unhealthy one as it involved potato and was very tasty!

-one jacket potato plain, baked with salt, I weighed it and it was 140g (120cal)

-lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes (35cal)

-Two marks and spencers large stuffed mushrooms (120 cal)

Have I misjudged my calories somewhere or was my dinner that really low in calories? Also would you say it is healthy or not? Trying to lose weight, thanks!

One golf ball sized tomato, 4 slices of cucumber, handful of lettuce and quite a bit of salt unfortunately :/ I tried to run OFF as much salt as possible before eating it though :)

• Blargh

Nobody but YOU should really know. We dont know your measurements of how much lettuce, cucumbers or tomatoes. We also dont know how big anything was (minus the potato - but with that we dont know how much salt you used.) You need to learn to really pay attention to measurements when counting calories and trust your measurements once you've added up the calories. I would also like to know you dont have to be 100% correct on the amount of calories, an extra 10 calories of lettuce isnt going to kill you. But if you're not sure, always go higher.

baked with salt=not great!

try pepper : ) yumm.

or the saltless seasonings, ie; mrs. dash.

yumm.

mushrooms seem like alot of calories.

hmmm...

not bad diet though.

i wish you luck, i'm also in the same boat, trying to lose weight.

key is exercise, and drink plenty of water!