Can minors get tattooed in Illinois with a parent?

I have heard a lot of places that you can if you parents with but I have also heard you can't.

I ask a artist in illinois if he could tattoo me with a parent and he said his shop doesn't do anyone under 18. Is that just his shop is it still worth my time to ask around to see or is it illegal to get a tattoo there under 18 even with parental consent?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

In Illinois you have to be 18 to get a tattoo. Doesn't matter if parents sign or not.

http://www.everytattoo.com/illinoislaw.shtml

• ?

Depending on the state that you are living in, the laws are exceptional. Some tattoo stores will not tattoo minors, nonetheless others will comply with the legislation. When I went to get a tattoo at 16, I needed a image id, a birth certificates, and mother or father signature, and my dad or mum wanted a photograph identification.