Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Could I sue for this?

There is a major chain gas station / convince store near my work. They have these large brick pilars that they just put in about 6 months ago. The brick on the pillars is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY rough. My father was a professional brick later and this is the roughest sharpest brick ive ever seen.

Yesterday I was throwing out some trash. I dropped a soda can, and when I went to pick it up I brush my finger on the brick by accident. The brick was so sharp it cut the entire top of my fingerprint OFF it was dangling by a little bit if skin and bleeding like crazy.

All I did was drop a soda, go to pick it up and the tip of my finger just brushed the brick. It cut me wide open and was seriously painful. I think this material they use is very dangerous and must have come from the lowest bidder on the job!!!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • wizjp
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

So....If I get this right, you are clumsy and want to sue over it?

You got nothing. Not even a real damage claim.

• 9 years ago

First, it's a "convenience" store not a "convince" store.

Second, in order for any attorney to be willing to take a case like this, they would have to think that they could prove MAJOR DAMAGES so that the suit would be financially worthwhile on a contingency basis. There is no major damage here, there is just you being pissed off at a painful, minor, finger injury.

A better move would be to tell the corporate office that owns the chain that they have unsafe conditions at one of their outlets, and that immediate repair is advisable.

• 9 years ago

sounds like you have left out alot of information like the truth so unless you get your story straight the judge will laugh at you and throw it out

• HD
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

you can't sue if it was your fault and it was your fault. the bricks didn't jump out and cut you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.