Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why does Romney want to be the Captain of the Titanic?

The ship hit the iceberg in August 2007 and is still taking on water.

Bankers squeezed the juice from the orange by using leveraged bets and when they blew more money than really existed vanished.

The Fed is trying to bail the ship but it takes water faster than they can pump.

Why does Romney want this job? He can't stop it and Obama can't stop it and your daddy can't stop it.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm with you. I can't understand why anyone would want that job.

George Washington hated being president. When he handed the presidency over to John Adams, he was quoted as saying, "I am fairly out and you are fairly in." In other words, "Good luck with this sh*t sandwich of a job!".

• 9 years ago

Why not Capt. Obama has already strapped the wheel down and made his reservation for that cabin on board Carpathia. His rail coach awaits in New York. If, he could fly off he would. If, he could get away with raising the water tight doors? He would. Too obvious. He HAS to leave a hero.

Better someone make an effort. Than purposely ram the berg and take new berth reservations.

While we 2nd and 3rd class sleepwalk and are told, it's only shudder--go back to your cabins.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

That's the incredible thing, banks(ignore JP Morgan the worst bank in existence) are doing ok now, most large corporations have been able to stabilize(but not grow). The economy isn't made of glass or using the titanic as an example: steel. The economy is organic, which means although it can be heavily damaged it is self healing. It would probably be all better by now if not for Obama constantly poking at the economy's wounds. If Romney wins the election and then does nothing the economy would fix itself. But since romney has a record of turning damaged organizations into healthy organizations, he'll probably find a way to speed up the healing.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

that must be Captain Smith, a celebrated and lots-enjoyed veteran of various White famous individual liners, who got here out of retirement to captain the huge on her maiden (and final) voyage.

• 9 years ago

Ifs it goes down like you predict, then let a Republican take the fall first.

They wanted this so bad, now go down with the ship, and quit trying to by personal life boats, while other Conservatives secretly throw children, pregnant woman, and the elderly off the back while no one is looking.

• a2x4dc
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Romney I guess thinks he can save this country. We have seen Obama turned the pumps on in reverse.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Probably for the same reason he took over the 2002 Olympics they said the same thing about before he successfully turned that around.

• mom
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

So he can go down with the ship?

• 9 years ago

While it is getting late, it is not too late to save the country.

• 9 years ago

Romney doesn't want to be the Captain he wants to be the head pirate that loots the Titanic.

Source(s): BTW keep putting your faith on the Fed until the ship sinks. That way I can tell ya. I told you so but oh no you would not listen to me.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.