Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesMitsubishi · 9 years ago

Why is my Mitsubishi montero '98 running then stalling?

I have a Mitsubishi montero '98 and it's been acting up lately. Around 2 weeks ago I was driving and it was running great then all of a sudden it began to fade, as if it were losing power and speed and it began to slow down. Then it would run good for a few secs then kind of lose power again. The entire vehicle then started having these strange hum/jerkish motions to it, it seemed like it was trembling almost. After that, I pulled over and turned it off and waited quite a bit and then started and it nada, no problems at all. The A/T, oil light and the charging system light were doing some funky stuff at first then quit and I had no problems at all once more...

I had no problems with it until 2 days ago it did the exact same thing. I had trouble driving it and had to go real slow, and so I took it to get it checked and they didn't find anything wrong with it. I just brought it home and it was running fine.

Now I don't know anything about cars, but some people have mentioned something about the gas getting clogged, or the battery, or the transmission even...but I don't know. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks! C:

• ?
    Favorite Answer

did you take it to a dealer or just your local mechanic? i know dealers are really expensive but you might be better off going there. there is no reason the computer won't show something wrong if there is. sounds like a sensor of some type is bad. mitsubishi is famous for setting up their cars to run slow or not run at all if a sensor goes bad. the first clue would be when you turn it off and that seems to fix things. it's just resetting itself.

Source(s): happy owner 97 Montero w/ 255,000 miles and going strong. the car, not me.
  • ?

honestly the entire solutions are beautiful correct, Win eight or eight.one million jogging a digital laptop won't rather take a lot of a success jogging a win98 recreation as such a lot of them had been for a 1ghz unmarried processor or much less. I like digital field myself but additionally use vmplayer for suse Linux. If you've gotten plenty of historical win98 video games like myself I suppose you could like a digital atmosphere to run them in. with a terabyte you might make a 20 -30 gig digital force and set up your win98- I suppose the max used to be in that discipline in the ones days to play any win98 or older recreation till your hearts content material! = ) additionally you'll retailer the state and keep wherein you left off. I had an historical computer with winxp sp2 one million.three ghz processor that for a few cause could no longer allow me set up sp3 that I wanted for programming in college. I used to be competent to load virtualbox and set up xp sp3 in a digital atmosphere with equipment and percentage dossier from side to side for my programming magnificence. A digital atmosphere is without doubt how you can cross to run your whole win ninety eight cds.