Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 9 years ago

when i add coolant to my truck, it all leaks out. what is my problem?

Update:

yes i took the cap off. im not an idiot. i dont think its from a hose being disconnected. could it be just a leaking gasket? or seal?

Update 2:

as soon as i add coolant, it leaks out almost immediately. i cant seem to find where the leak is?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago

You probably have a leak in the hose, or the hose isn't attached to the coolant jug anymore. If you know where things are you may be able to fix it yourself, if not you'll need to take it to the shop.

• 9 years ago

can you see where it is leaking from? it could be ruptured hose, a bad gasket, or even a leak in the radiator. if its leaking out fast as soon as you put it in then my guess would be a bad hose or broken radiator

• 300zx
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

how fast does it leak out? if slow a hose may have a small hole in it if fast your water pump may be leaking or you could have a hole in the radiator or a big hole in the system somewhere

• 9 years ago

check the area that you coolant runs through and if you find the leaking point you can fix it or you might just half to replace the cooling system.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Did you remove the cap before attempting to fill it?

Source(s): common sense
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.