? asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me what kind of dog this is?

This dog was put into a dog fight with a pit bull, and he was saved and I am going to keep him now. I just want to know if anyone can identify what breed of dog he is. I have no clue what he is.

http://tinypic.com/r/2zicuwh/6

He's like that because he got attacked by a ******* pit bull, which happened to be about twice his size, if not more. And he was a stray. So I wonder why he's scared and underweight?

I just weighed him on my home scale, which may not be very accurate because it's old, but it said he weighed 12 pounds. He isn't fully grown, he's still growing in his permanent teeth. I think the vet said he might be about 6-10 months maybe. But she couldn't tell what breed of dog he is.

Favorite Answer

MY best guess is a Hound/Pit bull mix,.. There is really no way to truly tell, unless the dog is a pedigree dog. There are many hundreds of dog breed and billions of mixed breeds.. This dog could have hundreds of different breeds running in its bloodline. My best guess is ONLY a guess...

By the way... If he was attacked by another dog (breed of dog is irrelevant), you are going to want to take your time introducing him to other dogs. Sometimes a dog can be traumatized and turn into a fear biter whenever he encounters the object of his fear.

Good luck to you, and bless you for giving him a home.

Source(s): 6 years identifying breeds while working at 2 different animal shelters
  • ?

Looks like a rat terrier to me. He's probably a rattie mix or maybe even a chi mix. My friend has one and she looks EXACTLY like that. Here's a rat terrier:

http://www.rdranch.net/images_ratterrier/Rippie1.J...

As for the pit bull- I'm sorry. The person who did that should burn in Hell. Please don't hold it against pits- there ARE good owners out there who can keep the dog under control; not all pits are bloodthirsty killers.

• ?

People need to get OVER the SHOCK of this. It is reality. The pup (which is underweight & scared to death) was used to get the other dog *fired up*.

In other words: BAIT dog. Kill the bait dog, get the blood and guts going and then get the fighter ready for the REAL fight.

Gruesome? Yeah. No shite. It is part of LIFE.

I have no idea what the pup is, dear. Thanks for saving it but I wonder how you managed to get inside of an illegal dog fighting ring? Or was the dog rescued by authorities?

• ?

This dog is so small!! (comparing to a pit!!!)

To me, this dog may be part dachshund, part chihuahua, maybe part something else. Looks to be under 20 pounds....maybe around 15 lbs??

What the heck is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you rescued him from that horrible (obvious) death.

add : Please, what is this dogs weight? I have to knwo. I am just shocked this dog would be thrown in a ring with pits as he looks so small!

add: this dog won't get much bigger. IMy bet is part dachshund for sure. (I have 4 at home. My picture is a dachshund.) sick a$$hls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Alison

It looks like a pitty to me. Scared, under weight.

Thats a panda sir.

Source(s): My ass.