Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

WDYT of our top choices for baby names?

Emily Grace

Rosalie

James Emmanuel

Elijah

Emmett

We aren't pregnant yet. Just talking names. Suggestions on middle names appreciated! The only name that's pretty much an absolute is Emily Grace. For whatever reason that is his favorite name for a girl. The only reason I don't love it is because I've never been a fan of the 'top 10' kind of names. I usually go for more biblical or unique names.

Update:

@gsm...why would any of them have go go by a nickname at all? Plenty of people use their full names. And...Emmanuel is absolutely not a girl name. LOL. Not sure how you could even almost think that...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Emily Grace is very pretty.

Rosalie is pretty but I'm having a hard time with middle names for it. Maybe Rosalie Miranda or Rosalie Jennette.

James Emmanuel - okay, I just think Emmanuel is way too heavy

Elijah Robert, Elijah Michael, Elijah Oliver, Elijah Aaron - love Elijah

Emmett is nice. Maybe Emmett Henry, Emmett Paul, Emmett Saul, Emmett Michael, Emmett Gregory.

• 9 years ago

Emily Grace is a very pretty name, but your right they are 2 popular names right now. I like the name Rosalie, Rosaleigh. Rosalie Mae is Pretty :) James Emmanuel is a nice name. I love the name Elijah and there are so many names that go well with it. I dont really like Emmett though...

Source(s): expecting a babygirl end of june :)
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I like nearly all of these, except Emmett. It's too old for a baby, in my opinion. I'm not too keen on Emmanuel either, but I love Elijah, James and Rosalie.

• 9 years ago

Emily Grace - This is pretty

Rosalie - This is decent, but it'll become Rosey in no time which loses it's appeal a bit

James Emmanuel - James (Jim) is a bit dull, and the middle name is a girls name?

Elijah - Not bad

Emmett - I like it somewhat. It's fairly uncommon which is nice. Not really sure what nickname this would generally go by?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Emily Grace is a simple, sweet name for a baby girl. But if you don't like it, try to find a compromise! Maybe you can keep either Emily or Grace and you pick a name that you really like. Elijah is a great boy name.

• Apogee
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Nice selection. If it makes you feel any better Emily is on a downward slide popularity wise. By the time you have a little girl, it's likely not going to be top ten anymore...

• 9 years ago

How about Sophia Alice?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.