Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 8 years ago

What happens if the captain and the co-pilot don't get along with each other?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

at times, the aircraft crashes because cocky captain wouldnt listen to the copilot's advices

-i believe we had this in one of last flight safety briefs, concerning a Brazilian? biz-jet

anyways.. that's ultimately what caused the [non-terrorist] disaster with highest number of fatalities, until today.. the CAPTAIN did not assess rightfull comment from Flight engineer "Did the PanAm vacate the runway already?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_airport_disa...

to those who say Capt outranks the Co so the Co should shut up.. while it is Co's duty to get along with various captains, the CAPTAIN is responsible for the outcome of flight, and is responsible for utilising proper CRM techniques, too.

if a Captain is a jerk, it's HIS flaw, not copilot's

besides, the Copilot is there NOT to respect Captain.. he is there to provide redundancy and robustness of the system.

Source(s): google "poor CRM results in crash" http://www.avweb.com/news/airman/184931-1.html
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

If the Captain and First Officer cannot get over their differences and end up risking the lives of the 200+ people in the plane over their petty arguments, they do not deserve to call themselves men, let alone pilots.

Generally the Captain can ask for another First Officer or the First Officer can ask to get reassigned to another crew, but they will have to suffer through a few flights together before that can happen.

• hempel
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

there replaced into by utilizing no potential a 2 seat A-10, they're all unmarried seat. A-6, as said, is a a possibility determination. per threat the AT-37, or Killer Tweet, which replaced suitable right into a vernable previous T-37 with T-38 engines and many annoying elements, many situations used as a FAC type project in shrink threat environments.

• 8 years ago

Captain = Batman

Co-Pilot = Robin

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

In the real work world most don't get along with each other. However the Captain out ranks the co-pilot by far. They both have a job to do in the sky's. They are paid very well for their jobs. Safty is a must. If this doesn't concern you there is little you can do about it.

• 8 years ago

I didn't get along with one Captain that I flew with but we both had a job to do and we did it. We were cordial during the flight and talked about stuff but nothing that would press our ON buttons. We didn't have to fly together that often but sometimes we did and you just do your job.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

LOL They will not have a beer together in a pub after work?

If you implying they make the ship/plane crash, I hope you are joking. These people are professionals, usually selected carefully, partly because of the responsibilities they have to bear.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They get into a catfight and forget to pilot the plain and it crashes killing hundreds *evil grin* >:)

Source(s): DUH.
  • 8 years ago

Then you obviously have a problem..

But in my flying career I have never heard it happen before..

When pilots have their airline interview their attitudes are assessed... And the interviewer will ask themselves.. Can I sit next to this guy in a confined space for hours and wont get pissed off..

Most of the interview actually comes down to this.. Attitude..

Next time you get a chance.. Try starting a conversation with an airline pilot, and you will find that she/he is nice with a good attitude..

Bad attitudes aren't welcome in the airlines... let alone the cockpit

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Both of them being the professionals that they are, they would do their jobs and get the airplane and its passengers and/or cargo safely from point A to point B. Once on the ground, they can discuss future assignments with the company they fly for.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.