Rosie asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 9 years ago

where to find oxycodone & doctors who prescribe it?

I live in Boca Raton Florida. I have been on pain medication for 30 years and my doctor is changing his policies dramatically. I would like to find a reasonable doctor. I don't understand why these doctors want me to take OxyContin, which is 10 times stronger but they refuse to give me less oxycodone but enough to help me with my disabilities & severe chronic pain. He is also mixing his personal feelings with business. completely irresponsible. I am willing to travel to a Doctor who can help me.

• Tigger
    Favorite Answer

Call around to different doctors and ask them. Any doctor should be able to prescribe it...

• Leo D

He must have written too many oxycodone rxs and the supervisory folks are on him to engage in more responsible practices.

You'll have to get a new doctor. Get a complete copy of your medical records from him. The new doctor can see your history and prescribe.

Yes, all physcians can prescribe this medication. But it is unlawful for him to prescibe a narcotic to someone who is not his legal patient. Call the place where you had your surgery done. They will have someone there who is taking over your physcians patients. Good luck and get well soon!

They are both addictive. However you might end up taking less pills because the Oxycontin is stronger. I suggest you find an alternate natural way to help manage the pain. Prescription meds are a slippery slope

Any legit doctor should be able to prescribe it to you, assuming they think you really need it. I wouldn't think you'd need to go outside your town.