Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Rosie asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 9 years ago

where to find oxycodone & doctors who prescribe it?

I live in Boca Raton Florida. I have been on pain medication for 30 years and my doctor is changing his policies dramatically. I would like to find a reasonable doctor. I don't understand why these doctors want me to take OxyContin, which is 10 times stronger but they refuse to give me less oxycodone but enough to help me with my disabilities & severe chronic pain. He is also mixing his personal feelings with business. completely irresponsible. I am willing to travel to a Doctor who can help me.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tigger
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Call around to different doctors and ask them. Any doctor should be able to prescribe it...

• Leo D
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

He must have written too many oxycodone rxs and the supervisory folks are on him to engage in more responsible practices.

You'll have to get a new doctor. Get a complete copy of your medical records from him. The new doctor can see your history and prescribe.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Yes, all physcians can prescribe this medication. But it is unlawful for him to prescibe a narcotic to someone who is not his legal patient. Call the place where you had your surgery done. They will have someone there who is taking over your physcians patients. Good luck and get well soon!

• 9 years ago

They are both addictive. However you might end up taking less pills because the Oxycontin is stronger. I suggest you find an alternate natural way to help manage the pain. Prescription meds are a slippery slope

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Any legit doctor should be able to prescribe it to you, assuming they think you really need it. I wouldn't think you'd need to go outside your town.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.