Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

My mom found out I cut myself?

Yeah. I was dying my hair and then I needed her to clean off the dye from my neck, and she saw all my cuts on my wrists.. What do you think she will do? What should I do? I just need some support, I'm feeling very anxious about this .. D:

Basically what she said was "What the ****!?" In a really angry tone.. :(

Favorite Answer

Hopefully she will take you to the doctor so you can get some professional help from a psychologist. Its obvious you are not coping well with things and that something is wrong. Do you know why you harm yourself? Maybe talking to a professional will help you and maybe help you to stop. Its always better to talk about things and get help for them instead of keeping them to yourself. You shouldn't suffer alone. Your mom is angry because she doesn't know how to react right now. It will be hard for her to come to the conclusion her own child is harming themselves. She will be taking it personal, wondering what went wrong for you to feel you need to harm yourself. Be patient with her, she will come round and help you. Maybe talking it out calmly with her? Explain why you do it and just show her you want some help? I think you should see a doctor. Good luck :) x

Source(s): I self harmed for 8 years. Huge regrets.

I've been struggling with (an somewhat successfully been hiding) it for years. Mine started after college, so i never had to really deal with parents because i didn't live with them. BUT, i also see a therapist regularly, so i'm not completely alone in it. I'm 100% certain she is not mad at you. people make mistakes, and you're mom is probably too busy worry about you to think about anything else. if she tells your father, so be it. Hopefully your mom will call a counselor or a therapist and can get you set up with someone to talk about it with. Maybe you could ask her yourself, you know, beat her to the punch. But, i will say, talking about it helps SO MUCH!

Use make up and wear long. Sleeves, jackets that's all I can say. Hide them and don't lie you need help I do this too but I have not been caught. Good luck and you need to stop. It can get worse and end up infecting or suicide I'm 13 around your age and I'm not trying to lecture you hun.

Source(s): Experience

She is probably very very sad and feeling that she has failed as a mother just because of your attention seeking actions.

I can assure you that she is not mad at you but she will probably tell you'r father and get you some help.

• ?

hopefully she takes you to a shrink you have mental problems