What do you think of these songs for a lyrical solo?
I don't really want to have the sort of song most girls at my studio pick, like a lovesick girl with her three piano arpeggios...not that they aren't beautiful but they get used a lot. I'm 15 btw. I want to do a lyrical dance maybe with a bit of a contemporary flavor, dynamics. So far the songs I like the best are (in order of my most favorite to least)
1. Explain It To Me by Liz Phair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxFh0cxz10
2. Oh Say Can You See by Lana Del Rey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5VS3WOTQo
3.Anybody Else by Orianthi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBK7LlCpTsI
4.Stratford-On-Guy by Liz Phair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqO57qt7UPI
5. Video Games by Lana Del Rey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE6wxDqdOV0
6. Fix You by Jayme Dee (coldplay cover) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juRQUe4qT5A
for the last one I was wondering If anyone here knows if you can dance to youtube covers, because our teacher chose a cover of Someone Like You that our class danced to this year, but is that really allowed?
So could you just take a listen to those, even just the first one please because I really want to do it and tell me what you think/give some suggestions of other songs? Thanks for your time!
- 8 years agoFavorite Answer
These are gorgeous songs. I'm sure your studio would allow you. I saw on the video it also has an mp3. Good luck on your solo!
- 8 years ago
I LOVE Lana Del Ray, and I think a solo to video games would be awesome!! If you pick that song put the dance on youtube so i can watch it lol.