Pregnant and now not able to work question?

*******Please don't let the length of my question stop you from reading. This is important and I have no where else to turn to.****************

Ok so I am 16 weeks pregnant. My first trimester I worked. Just the normal nausia. Two weeks ago I hurt my back at work lifting heavy 2 year olds at my work. I work at a day care. I have asked and pleaded with my boss BEFORE this incident acccured and they refused to do anything about it. Before I hurt my back I was coming home aching and really hurting in my stomach and back. Well two weeks ago I had to go to the ER when I hurt my back at work. The baby is fine, but i pulled a major muscle in my back. Doctor gave me 3 weeks of complete no lifting. He advised me to not lift at all. I have told my boss. She was sympathetic and told me to stay home and relax which I have. I have one more week of lifting restrictions from my doctor. She is calling me already to put me back to work in the 2 year old room AGAIN. Didn't she not get the hint I don't need to be going in there? I am afraid something will happen again if not something worse. I have begged and pleaded with her to find something so I wouldn't have to lift 30 pound 2 year olds. (Oh fyi the reason why I have to life is because they are not potty trained.....) I have given them suggestions and they wont take it. We currently have no one year olds and babies. I asked if when we get those could I just go in there. She said I would be lifting the same as if I would be in the 2 year old room. She's not getting the idea that these two year olds are 30 pounds!!! Not a 8-15 pound baby. Any suggestions? Tips? Trust me I want to work because we need the money because we are fixing to have MY sweet bundle of joy. Plus no one else is going to hire me right away where we live because times are really hard. I hate to sound so mean but my baby and my health are a little bit more important than taking care of those two year olds. I just wish they would understand.

Favorite Answer

That's defiantly a rough subject. I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and actually lost my job because I couldn't stop getting sick :/ so your not the only one dealing with the job thing. If I were you I would try to talk to your boss again and if they don't listen I would defiantly quit because you and that babys safety needs to be first. and you can't be hurting your back like that when your farther along. And you can get help through jobs and services and other things. I got a job after my daughter turned 3 months old and we did fine. The babyshower helped start everything off and my family helped with other things until I was well enough and stopped breastfeeding to go find a job. Talk to your family about the situation and maybe they'll help you and you can even pay them back when you get a job after baby.

Get a not from your doctor that states you are able to work but not able to lift the toddlers to toilet them. There are federal laws protecting you. Each state also has laws regarding work conditions for pregnant women you will need to look those up. Just google "pregnancy laws" and the name of your state. If all else fails you can talk to the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities. Good luck. I was laid off for 4 hours after I informed my job that I was pregnant. I work for an ambulance company. I called the department of labor and CHRO and fought my employer to keep me on the schedule. I am now 17 weeks.

No workplace should expect you to lift anything heavy throughout the whole of your pregnancy. It is against health and safety. Go back to your doctor and get a note insisting that you do not lift the children and they will have to get someone else to do that bit. It can bring on labour prematurely or damage the baby.

• kaiser

I consider your sister is making an attempt to make you freak out. You used condom and you're on start manipulate. You are doing the dependable factor for having intercourse. If your cycle is consistent (that's 28 days lengthy) you ovulate precisely within the core. You have the do not forget the toughness of ovules and sperm. You are hence at danger of fitting pregnant for the period of the two-three days earlier than and four-five days when you ovulate. So roughly per week within the core of your cycle. If your cycle is not consistent, you must depend establishing from the tip. You continuously ovulate 14 days earlier than your interval (that is the commencing of a brand new cycle). So in case your cycle is forty days lengthy, you ovulate at day 26 (and must watch out notably two-three days earlier than and four-five days after). That does now not imply that you'll be now not cautious the leisure of the time, as it may be a little bit unique for all people (ovule and sperm will have an extended toughness for illustration).