Girlfriend broke up with me?

I'm disappointed because my girlfriend broke up with me for spending too much time at the gym. I only spend about two and a half hours a day. After I did whatever she wanted, I even cuddled with her whenever. Am I in the wrong? Should I try to get her back or just find a new girl who will like that I work out?

That's not an extreme lmao. MMA fighters and professional athletes spend 8-12 hours a day at the gym. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about so don't answer the question.

"That's what wimpy guys say" coming from the guy who calls himself "shy guy." Bro you're hopeless.

Thanks for all the input. I'm still going to go to the gym for the same amount of time and I'm not going to chase after her. I'll find someone who will like me for me.

Best Answer

This sounds so similar to a situation I had with an ex. From the other side, its not that you gym a lot that's the issue, its that she may feel you gym whenever you have free time instead of spend time with her. Its difficult to balance, but if you get, say, 5 times in the week to see her, and you spend every time gymming instead, its telling her that she's not important enough for you to make the time. My ex missed an anniversary because he wanted to gym - he lost out, and will continue to lose out until he changes.

If you spend the same amount of time with her as the gym, then find someone less needy. Its important to have time to yourself, but its also important to find time for the people you love.

• Avis

1

• Sari

First of all, 2 and a half hours at the gym is a long time to spend EVERY day working out. You're actually working out too much, especially if you're not over weight in the first place, but if you're in training for body building or something then thats your choice.

You sound as if you only did what SHE wanted you to do. Did you not want to cuddle her? Did she have to ask you for this kind of affection and attention?

If she did, and you never gave it willingly, or gave up any of your time for her, then yes, you are in the wrong. And it's no surprise that she broke up with you. Sorry.

If you want to resolve anything with this girl then you will need to change your ways and give more of your time to her, but also show her more love and affection too.

If you don't think you can do that for her, then I suggest you move on and find someone comfortable with your busy lifestyle and who doesn't need as much attention.

Either way, do whatever you feel is best for you.

She's really shallow and not worth it then. And so what if you want to spend that long in the gym? Everyone has hobbies and aspirations. I work hard on what I want to achieve and my partner should respect that (I'm single though) but if I had one, they should and I would respect them, of course id make allowances and cancel things for a meal out but my life doesn't stop and my achievements will not fail because I have a partner.

First off bro, your leaving a beautiful girl most likely for a gym, A GYM. And you still don't even have good results from the pictures I've seen. Think of it like this, would you die alone with rock-hard abs, or live with a beautiful girl for the rest of your life.

"...I did whatever she wanted..." - That's what wimpy guys do. She lost respect for you. Work out all you want. It just shows that if you don't know how to treat a woman, you will end up getting dumped. You will be the the most muscular guy in town who can't keep a girlfriend.

If you really like her chase her... theres nothing wrong with the gym.. I love it too.. its good for your health and keeps you in shape.. Maybe suggest her to go with you? Then use both can work out together. Say it in a nice way.. but In my own opinion she sounds stuck up... just cause u go to the gym for 2 hours she broke up with you. thats stupid.. Chin up. :)

I would find a new girlfriend if she does not like it. You should be able to do what you want to do also. You have to have your free time. I bet she does things without you that takes longer than 2 hours.

• Help

Jesus Christ, who spends that long at the gym?! I mean it's good to be healthy and exercise and all that, but you seem to take it to extremes.

i think you should try to find a girl that will love you for who you are, and appreciate your body with all that work. dont run back after that chick she sounds like she doesnt know how to appreciate attractiveness.