Is Logan a boys or girls name? look at the pictures?

On (Baby names com) you can put a picture of yourself or your baby under the name you have. Im loving Logan right now for a BOY and there a a LOT of girls under the name Logan?

This cant have become unisex. say it isn't so.....

http://www. babynames. com /Names/namepix.php?id=2434

Just take out the spaces, everytime I try to post a link they dont post the question

Favorite Answer

[Click on the charts to view a larger version with viewing options] http://www.behindthename.com/name/logan

As you can see, despite BtN listing it as masc. and fem., Logan has never been all that popular for girls and is actually dropping down the girls' charts each year; it also ranks for boys in various countries across the world. I really think you have nothing to worry about here.

And regarding BabyNames.com, I really wouldn't trust that website. The meanings and origins are often inaccurate, the last time I checked the popularity data was incorrect and it lists James as a unisex name.

-- delphine.

• Avis

My Best Five: 1) Logan Quincy Walker 2) Logan Oscar Walker 3) Logan Titus Walker 4) Logan Winston Walker 5) Logan Francis Walker

• Bree

I don't mind unisex names for the most part, I even like some unisex names but in my opinion, Logan is strictly a BOYS name. I would use it anyway if it's the name you love. Even if it is being used on girls, I don't think you'll run in to anyone who says it's "a girl name".

It's a boy's name. It is currently popular to give girl's masculine boy names, often claiming that they are "unisex," but putting a boy name on a girl does NOT make it a girl's name OR a unisex name. At the rate this trend is going, pretty much all names are going to become "unisex" eventually.

Names don't have to have an ounce of femininity to them in order for people to grab them, wrestle them to the ground, hog-tie them and then slap them on their daughters. Logan is in no way, shape, or form a feminine name and, indeed, would look atrocious on a girl but - people don't care. I care. And anyone with an IQ above 2 cares but, people who use it for girls don't.

The important thing is that you keep a hold of the name. Don't drop it just because it's become officially 'unisex', otherwise the name will quickly become female-dominant like what's happened to Aubrey, Avery, Quinn, Emerson etc.

Logan is definitely a boy name

Boy all the way. It's a very masculine sound, it's the real name of Wolverine from the X-Men, and it starts with Log which is pretty phallic if you think about it. It would be so, so ugly and manly on a girl.

I know several female Logans. It hasn't just "become" unisex, because I know a 40+ female Logan, a 16 year old, and an 8 year old. It's listed on most name sites as unisex.

It can be for both, but it's a little trashy to name a girl Logan. I love it as a boys name.

Boy. Logan sounds so masculine.