Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 8 years ago

how should i proceed with a business model with no resources of my own?

I have a business model related to an online 'services' business but i do not have the valid resources or manpower to go forward with the project.

how should i proceed with it? I have some capital that i can invest in it.

• H
    Favorite Answer

Online business = low risk because not a lot of capital is involved (unless you employ 50 developers). There's plenty of articles about how to bootstrap a startup. You can try approaching VCs with your seed idea, but expect them to snatch up like 40% of equity or more. You can also use something that most startups do and use the 'sweat' equity option, which entitles employees to equity for their labour. I suggest you consider a business plan maybe, as this will help you layout plans and financial/operational strategies. I'm running a bootstrapped startup of my own called SeekVest (seekvest.com) and it's designed to help entrepreneurs like you to meet investors and raise capital (it's still a work-in-progress) but pay it a visit if you like and if you need any help just drop me an email through the contact form.