Nikki Kovac asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

Why do my cats hate my other cats just because they went outside?

This happens all the time. I have four cats. A female, a male, and a female kitten, and a male kitten. They are a family. My male cat manages to escape the house (his life goal) and this time he broaght the female kitten with him. I was sleeping and I heard cats fighting outside so i made sure all my cats were in the house. No. I ran out the door and my male cat was hising and growling at my kitten in the bushes. Usually i have to chase my cat but it seemed like he wanted to be caught so I could bring the kitten inside. When I come back inside usually with only my bigmale cat, the female cats spends the entire day hating him. kissing and growling and trying to attack him. Then it wears off after awhile. But when I braught the kitten inside the mom wasn't only fighting the male but the kitten too. Now i have them separted and im scared to let them roam together.

Why does this happen??

what should I do?

First of all, i do keep my cats inside the best i possibly can. hes always trying to slip past our feet while going out the door and he broke the screen on our windows. So when we acidently forget that its broken he escapes. Obviously-- i wouldnt just let him outside if he was going to come back and this happen inside.

Favorite Answer

The other cats are mad at him because he brought in fleas and bugs on him that they will get stuck with eventually. You should treat all of the cats with flea treatment and isolate the bad kitty to the bathroom for a few days with flea treatment every time he gets out.

Keep your cats inside where they belong and you won't have to worry about it.

And spay and neuter all you cats if you havn't already, that's the reason why the one keeps escaping.