Ramadan: are there any specific duas one can make to help get rid of anxiety?

Favorite Answer

Wallaahi the following du3aa makes me feel comfort and at peace the SECOND I say it.

The Prophet Muhammad sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, "There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:

(wording for a female):

“Allaahumma inni amatuka bintu ‘abdika bintu amatika naasiyati bi yadika maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aan al-‘azeem rabee’a qalbi, wa noora sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi

(O Allaah, I am Your maidservant, daughter of Your slave, daughter of Your maidservant. My forelock is in Your hand. You command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You have taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Holy Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety).”

but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it should learn it.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 1/452, 391; Ibn Hibbaan, 3372; al-Haakim, 1/509. classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 199).

The Prophet sal Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam used to say: “Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-hammi wa’l-hazani wa’l’ajzi wa’l-kasali wa’l-jubni wa’l-bukhli wa dala’ il-dayn wa ghalbat al-rijaal (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from worry, grief, incapacity, laziness, cowardice, miserliness, from being heavily in debt and from being overcome by men).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6008.

The Quran is a source of healing. Ask the person to read it as much as they can, if they can't, then you should read it for them loudly so that they can hear and then blow on them after you've finished reciting. Reciting Surah Fatiha and Dua shifaa (healing) and blowing on an ill person helps them recover from sickness - it is in the last 10 verses of surah Hashr. Recite it and blow on the ill person. May Allah grant that person recovery, Ameen. Take care sis Salam alaykum!!

Well I'm not sure what kind of anxiety you're talking about, but if you're ever feeling anxious when public speaking there's this one:

Rabbi-'shrah li sadri wa yassirli amri wa-hlul 'uqdatan min lisani yafqahu qawli.

"O My Lord! expand my breast for me*. And ease my task for me; and untie the knot from my tongue, (That) they may understand my saying." (Surah Taha -20:25-28)

*I've read/heard that "expand my breast for me" means 'give me confidence'. Allah (SWT) knows best.

salaams,

yes there is. duas are many and u can make dua in english too for whatever u want.

you should also try out zikr. u should sit down, relax yourself, and then start reciting durood shareef, istigfar, or ya allah. each 100 times. and when you do this, you should forget about everything and everyone except Allah. focus on your heart, dont move, just recite and remain calm until u finish.

you will feel amazing after finishing.

ayaaz

hope this helps.

for more guidance, mail me: ayaaz-92@hotmail.com

i can refer you to a sheikh who is amazing then.

Source(s): ayaaz and sheikh

uhh yeah koolya kafi roon thats the title

hello,

yoga and meditation helps to soothe our minds.

taking a walk in the park is also a good idea.

I've this weird disease that I'll feel suffocated and anxious if I stay within home for a long time. I remember one time I went for a walk at midnight because I was feeling so dizzy.

and yes, most importantly, keep yourself busy.

if you have an interest in writing, you can start blogging on any of your favorite topic.

EDIT:

oh yeah, forgot to tell you..

www.wordpress.com

is a free blogging platform. you can create a blog for free and start writing. consider it. BTW, I'm a blogger too.

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.’

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=3...

U can always supplicate using ur own words starting and ending with salawat on the prophet and his family

No. All you need is to start believing in Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior:

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 6:25-34

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. ...

1 Peter 5:6-7

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

1 Peter 5:10

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyumu birahmatika astaghiis. Laa ilaaha illaaa Anta subhaanaka innii kuntu minaz-zaalimiin.

This is supplication for anxiety and sorrow.

Sayyiduna Anas ibn Maalik (Radhiallaahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah

(Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) once mentioned to Sayyiduna Faatima

(Radhiallaahu Anha) to recite the following supplication morning and

evening, 'Yaa hayyu yaa qayoomu, birahmatika astagheeth. Aslih liy sha-aniy

kulluhu wa laa takilniy ilaa nafsiy tarfata aynin.' (Trans: On You Who is

Everliving and Sustains and Protects everything, I seek assistance through

the means of your mercy, correct for me all my affairs and do not entrust me

to my Nafs (myself) for the moment of a blink of an eye.') (Mustadrak

al-Haakim vol.1 pg.545; Shu'ubul Iemaan of Imaam Bayhaqi Hadith No.:760,

761) Imaam Haakim and Imaam Dhahabiy have classified this narration as Sahih

(authentic).

Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Mas'ood (Radhiallaahu Anhu) narrated that whenever

Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) used to be afflicted in any worry

or concern, he used to recite the following supplication, 'Yaa Hayy Yaa

Qayyoom birahmatika astagheeth.' (Mustadrak al-Haakim vol.1 pg.509; Shu'ubul

Iemaan of Imaam Bayhaqi Hadith No.:10231) Also see Kitaabud Du'aa of Imaam

Tabrani pg.47 and Majmauz zawaaid vol.10 pg.147

Source(s): just look into this link for strees management in Islam : http://theislamicworkplace.com/2006/12/02/stress-m...