Sharon S asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Now that nearly two months of baseball have past how do you feel about your team?

Is it better than expected, just hanging in there or a bust already? Tell me your reasons.

Favorite Answer

Far exceeding expectations thus far. My Mets are six games over .500 and are challenging for first place in the ultra-competitive NL East. David Wright is hitting close to .400 and the starting pitching has been tremendous. Need to get Ike Davis straightened out though. His season-long struggles continue.

• Kyle

A Mets Fan

they have been playing some great baseball overall and I don't think anyone thought they would be a game out of first and 7 games above .500 at any point this season. so far they're doing WAY better than I expected. but do I believe they're going to claim the NL East by the end of September, more than likely not, I bet they'll finish maybe 3rd or 4th. but if they keep playing good ball and the pitching keeps going like it is, they have a good shot winning the East or the Wild Card. you never know what team is going to get cold or hurt so anything goes.

The Braves haven't lived up to my expectations, but by no means have they been bad. It seems like injuries to key players have hurt but we're still being competetive. The bullpen has not been what it was last year, but thankfully it hasn't really cost us any games (yet). Hopefully the pen can clean up it's act. Pitching in general this year has not been as good as they looked on paper over the offsense but the offense has been alot better than expected. The pitching has disappointed but the offense has impressed. It has kind of evened out. And players have seemed to have do sort of the opposite of what was expected. Beachy is doing amazing, while Minor and Hanson, not so much. Maybe the pitching will come around, because we're going to need them. The offense is suffering injuries and we learned the hard way that without Freddie Freeman, Brian McCann and Chipper Jones in the lineup, winning games is no walk in the park. That being said, I still love our chances at the division and I think we can be competetive.

I've been a pirates fan all of my 16 year old life and this season so far has been better that expected. last year was the closest they have come to having a winning season since as long as I can remember. They still have a long way to go but they are definitely on the way back to the top.

• Tigger

I'm pretty discouraged. They aren't even .500 and I though they'd be a contender. They blow leads. They get runners on base and don't score--load the bases with one out and can't score. They can't field they don't hit. It's really bad.This season is OVER!!!!

I'm disappointed but I kind of expected to be. They're 18-32 right now but we're tied with the Cubs, so it makes me feel better that another team is down there with us.

not too good because my team is only at .500

Cardinals fan. Just hanging in there trying to weather the loss of Berkmann, Carpenter, Craig, Jay, and Matt Carpenter. We have had seven different players play 1B this season. I am concerned about Jake Westbrook's performances as of late.

You may disagree as a Reds fan but without the injuries the Cardinals lead the division by at least 5 games and maintain the fast start that they had.

Mariners fan here.

Already a bust, but actually doing about as expected. Nobody expected the Mariners to compete this year. Its another rebuilding year, focused on getting experience for young players and trying to decide which ones will emerge as MLB talent and which ones will prove that they're merely above average AAA players. Honestly its getting old, but I have to admit there are a lot of promising young prospects in the organization.

The real problem with the Mariners is ownership and upper management. Hopefully with Ichiro's contract coming off the books this season and only 1 year left on Figgins $9million per year contract they'll be in perfect position to be sold to an owner who actually cares about winning baseball games.

• For me just hanging in there. Seems they only beat the weak teams while not doing well against the good teams.