Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 9 years ago

Can you buy things online with a pre-paid debit card?

There is a website I am looking to buy off of however my mom doesn't really want to use her credit card so I thought I can just put $53 on it to get my purchase. The site says it takes MASTERCARD/VISA which are the main pre-paid cards I'm assuming

So Just quick questions

Obviously can I use them to buy products online? Im guessing you can

The site ask me to having a BILLING NAME which is supposed to match my credit card? If I get a pre-paid card then won't my name NOT be on it?

I've herd that the only problem people has is with the adress and the pre-paid card? IDK? Something about having to register the card, if so how long does that take to register before you can use it?

Favorite Answer

Call the pre-paid customer service line (# should be on the back). Option menu will prompt you to setup your zipcode & Billing address there. You should be able to use it online after activation.

• Andrea

I don't have an answer but I'm in the same boat, if only there was a place on the internet where we could find the kind of images found only in adult magazines