Are pigs domestic animals?

Alright so I know that cats and dogs are domestic because in the wild they live in dens and know that if they poop in their den it will smell bad, ergo, they don't. But my question is are pigs domestic animals? I mean does a pig have a problem with pooing anywhere it likes including, let's say, on it's own face?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Get out your dictionary....READ the definition of DOMESTICATION.

YES,hogs are a domesticated species=MAN-MADE!!!! Selectively bred & culled for thousands of years.

Has ZERO to do w/being housebroken!!! Horses,cattle,chickens,etc. CAN'T be housebroken & ARE domesticated.

& cats do ***NOT*** den!

Hogs are NOT filthy & WILL move away from their waste! NOTHING defecates on it's own face,troll....even you....or do you? 6yo's use "poop",btw.

• 9 years ago

Yes, pigs are domestic animals. They are descended from the wild boar. People captured young boars thousands of years ago, raised them, and selectively bred them over many generations until they became the pigs of today. This is how all our domestic animals came about, they all originated from wild ancestors - dogs from wolves, cats from the African wildcat, cattle from aurochs, chickens from the red jungle fowl, etc.

Domestic or wild has nothing whatever to do with where they poop!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes they are.

They are also the smartest domestic animals of all.

By the way, pigs are no dirtier than dogs.

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Pigs are domestic animals as are cows, goats, and sheep (and others). Pigs don't choose to live in styes and are actually pretty clean animals when given a chance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.