How does his Gaming laptop still compare to modern day Gaming Laptops?

Well, I am looking at a used DELL XPS 1710 which I know several years ago was top of the line for gaming laptops. This particular one is decked out with the Intel core 2 Extreme and 8800m GTX's in SLi. How well will this still perform in modern day? Does this still run DX10 or 11? Thanks!

I am sorry I meant DELL XPS 1730

• Hunter
    Favorite Answer

Now-a-days Core 2 Extreme is outdated, however it will perform fine for regular use,you know, for watching movies,etc. As far as Gaming is concerned, it will play some old games fine. With new games, it can do well with some lower settings.

CPU: Intel middle 2 Duo GHz: 3.0 RAM: 4GB what's the main stable kind? a million. Sony 2. Dell 3. HP 4. Toshiba (no longer a solid computing gadget) in case you like the final gaming get a macbook professional, they have each and everything which you like and in case you like living house windows run it on boot camp or parallels laptop.

DX10.

Not very good, considering the minimum standard today is the 8800GT(desktop) - 8800M is half as fast and closer to a 540M which struggles.

Games will run, but you won't max most things and if it's 1080p your frame rate will suffer.

Used laptop are also good for use. if laptop is used fairly and also configuration is good then you can go for it. while your purchasing laptop important thing is that it can easily fit in your budget.

you choice good option it will best for your gaming.