breathing problem since I was 10?

I am a 25-year-old guy.I am perfectly healthy expect that I feel like hard to breathe when the window is closed since I was a child.When there's no fresh air,I feel like suffocated.No matter how cold outside is I have to keep the window open,so I always can't get along well with roommates.

Another thing is the word or the concept of 'breathe' can't come to my mind,otherwise I can't breathe automatically!The more I get tired and try hard to sleep,the more it bothers me.

So I am wondering is there something wrong with me?

Favorite Answer

I have the same problem. My doctor told me it wasn't that big of a deal and to get a humidifier. It helped a bit.

• pretto

Video tape her while one other episode occurs. Keep the digital camera helpful so you'll be able to get it readily after which exhibit the health practitioner. Definitely pursue discovering the rationale of this, mainly in case your mom's intuition is kicking in, convincing you whatever is mistaken. Don't forget about that. I wish you determine the rationale quickly.

I also have the same problem, whenever it's dark or closed, especially with closed windows , I feel suffocated and have to take deep breaths every time I breathe, at first thought it was asthma but I think that I'm just a bit claustrophobic :/ sorry that I can't help.

I don't think this is a respiratory condition, I think it's a mental one. It sounds like you have anxiety and possibly claustrophobia (can't have the window closed).

You can go talk to a counselor about it, to get to the root of your problems.

Source(s): I have anxiety too. Not in the same exact way, but I know what you're feeling.

You must have been put in a tight place as a kid, that freaked you out....

Just forget what you feel and feel something else like how rich you gonna be one day...

And then you just wont have a problem......