Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

I want to cook some apples what can I use to cook them with ?

Is it is possible tocook them in a crock pot?

or steam them in pot on the stove? My oven is not working so cannot bake them, and I cannot find my pyrex big bowl to cook it in the microwave so please give me some different ways to cook them.

thanks for your help.

I am not a novice just need some creative ideas right now. I am 65 not 12.

Thank you for your inventive and clever answers.

I need to cook them without any sugar as I have low blood sugar and sugar makes me feel weak and tired.

Favorite Answer

Apple Crumble Crock Pot.The crumble comes out crisp and crumbly, the apples are cooked beautifully, and since you’re cooking in a crockpot it couldn’t be easier.

Ingredients:

4-5 cooking apples, peeled and sliced

1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

1/2 cup flour (leave out for wheat free version)

3/4 cup rolled oats

1 teas ground nutmeg

1 teas ground cinnamon

4 T butter, softened

Directions:

Lightly butter the crockpot and lay the apple slices at the bottom of the crock. Combine the sugar, flour, rolled oats, nutmeg and cinnamon, and cut in the butter. Sprinkle the topping over the base of apples. Cook on low or auto for 3-5 hours.

**************************************************************

Steamed Apple Pudding*.A delicious steamed pudding filled with apple and topped with lovely apples and golden syrup. Scrummy!

125g of unsalted butter (1/2 cup)

4 TBS golden syrup (Can use golden corn syrup)

2 cooking apples, about 1 pound in total, cored, and peeled

100g of caster sugar (generous 1/2 cup)

2 large free range eggs, beaten

200g of self raising flour (generous 1 3/4 cup)

the grated rind of one orange and 3 TBS of the juice

Butter the insides of a 2 pint pudding basin lightly and line the bottom of it with a small circle of nonstick baking paper. (wax paper) Spoon in the golden syrup. Thickly slice one of the apples and arrange in an even layer on top. Coarsely grate the remaining apple.

Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually beat in the beaten egg and the flour, alternating spoonfuls, until all have been added and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the grated apple, orange zest and orange juice. Spoon into the prepared pudding basin. Level off the top. cover with a piece of pleated non stick baking paper and foil. Tie in place with a string, or hold in place with a rubber band.

Lower the basin into the top of a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover with a lid and steam for 2 hours, until the pudding is well risen and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Remove the foil and paper. Loosen the edge with a sharp knife. Invert onto a plate with a rim. Serve immediately with custard or ice cream.

******************************************************************

Caramelized Fried Apples

Ingredients

4 Jonagold Apples (or any other good cooking apple, such as Braeburn or Granny Smith)

2 tablespoons butter or margarine

4 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions

Peel the apples and cut into quarters. Remove the cores and cut quarters into 1/2" thick slices.

Place the slices in a bowl of cold lemon water to prevent browning. Soak for 5 or 10 minutes and then drain the apples and pat them dry with a paper towel.

In a large skillet, heat the butter until it is bubbling.

Add the apple slices to the skillet and continue to cook over medium high heat for approximately 5 minutes or until tender crisp and beginning to brown. Turn several times to brown evenly.

Add the brown sugar and continue to cook until sugar has melted and started to caramelize.

Apple slices should be tender. Serve as a side dish while still warm.

***************************************************

An old fashioned recipe for deep frying apple fritters,

Ingredients:

1 cup sifted all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 egg, beaten

1/3 cup milk

1 tablespoon melted shortening

2 large apples

oil for deep frying

Preparation:

Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Combine egg and milk; add to flour mixture; beat until smooth. Add shortening and mix well. Peel and core apples; cut into 8 wedges. Dip apple wedges into batter and fry in 370° oil for about 4 minutes, or until brown.

Source(s): GK

midsection the apples. mixture sultanas, cloves, cinnamon, brown sugar and a great spoonful of softened butter, stuff the entire indoors the apple, drizzle over some maple syrup and bake for extra or less an hour - delicious served with a dollop of organic and organic yogurt I additionally make a weekly pot of apple puree it is delicious on cereal, or as a pudding in its very own ideal. extremely hardship-unfastened, peel and midsection the apples and cut back top right into a million" chunks. Squeeze a lemon and upload brown sugar, cinnamon and grated sparkling ginger. upload a sprint of water, disguise with a lid and prepare dinner on the backside heat temperature on the hob for extra or less 30mins or until eventually the apples have broken down into pulp

I do it in the crockpot. I add a little sugar and cinnamon and it's just like apple pie filling

My grandma is 65 and she loves cooking with apples. I am twelve and i love baking so i think that you should put in a little bit of cinnimon with some carmel. Make sure that you peal that apples so when you take them out the person who is eating them doesn't have a hard time eating the skin. Hopefully I helped (i wish i had apples).

Source(s): personal experiences