Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 9 years ago

games to play while babysitting?

okay so me and my sister are babysitting a 2 year old today and we need new games to play with her and not like game bored like tag those type of games and also how do we keep her busy when you are outside and is it a good thing to be feeding her alot if she wants to because she cant really talk that well so we dont know what she really wants to do! PLZ HELP AND FAST! SHES ON HER WAY!

don't play games, play with education toys with her

Have any children's books to read to her? Tag won't last long with a toddler. Build a mud pie. Watch bugs. Have any sidewalk chalk? Their attention spans are short so you'll be changing activities every few minutes. Just play with her.

I wouldn't feed a lot. The mother should give you an idea of the feeding schedule. And an afternoon nap will probably be on the list too.

Well There Are Many Things You Can Do:

Simon Says

Coloring

Make A Scrapbook With Their Drawings

Hide And Seek

Making Instruments

Stacking And nesting

Making Decorations

Arts And Crafts

I Hope I Helped Just A Bit.!

When they first get their, just stay in for a bit. Play games like peek-a-boo (since shes 2) and put some cartoons for her while playing some fun games like that. Give her a snack, let it settle, then go outside for a while. Play with some toys like balls, and stuff like that. While U guys are outside, all of you's can eat a snack together. Go back inside afterwards, and put her to sleep, then by the time she wakes, it will be late evening. Put a cartoon/movie that she will find interesting, then again snack time! and just stay in and if she gets bored, play some more games! then again... Snack Time!!!

Source(s): I always babysit infants/toddlers.

Outside, you guys can play:

- Ring-around-the-rosey

- Soccer (or any type of game that includes balls)

- Water source - like Water slide, Pool.

- Trampoline

- walk to the park if there is one close by.

- Racing

-Make up a fun game or play whatever she wants to play.

- Hide-and-go-seek

- freeze Tag!

- Who can _____ (jump, run, etc) the highest, fastest.

Hope I helped and have fun :)

Get some coloring books out, and crayons. Or maybe find a ball and roll it back and forth. Two year olds are pretty easily amused. So really simple things like peek-a-boo and tickling are all you need.

Source(s): Babysitter (:
  • Cyn

Ask the parent when/how much to feed her. And anything that involves imagination is a good game. I loved hide and go seek. Dolls are always good. If its hot out, set up a sprinkler or spray the hose or something.

Beer pong, battle shots, ring of fire, flip cup etc...