English homework help?

1. A character may be (Points : 3)

unimportant

musical

round

imaginary

2. The element of spectacle includes(Points : 3)

monologues

theme

music

costumes

3. Shakespeare's use of iambic pentameter, a rhythmic form of speech, is associated with which of Aristotle's element?(Points : 3)

music

spectacle

character

language

4. Aristotle's elements of drama apply to (Points : 3)

reality TV

video games

soap operas

MTV

5. More than one character is needed to perform which element of language?(Points : 3)

dialogue

monologue

soliloquy

aside

@kelly only two of those are right...

Favorite Answer

1. Imaginary

2. Theme

3. Language

4. Soap operas

5. Dialogue (You can remember that it's not a monologue because when I think of mono, I think of one. So it's one character performing. Think of it as the sickness, mono, only one. That's a weird example but it helps me nonetheless. Remember, a dialogue is what your teacher usually has students perform in class, especially in a theater arts class. They are presenting with another student.)

1. round (not physically)

2. Costumes (Spectacle is the visual effects, and such, hence the name "spectacle")

3. Music (The music of the play involves pauses, music, rhythm, speech pattern, etc etc)

4. Soap Operas (MTV is a funny answer choice, but only soap operas encompass most of the elements)

5. Dialogue, however, be aware that monologues are the long speech forms of it, and I got one question wrong cause I didn't think about the fact that monologues CAN include another person, however they do not require it.

Source(s): Trial and error, and sparknotes.com, and the aventalearning curriculum. Other sources include google, wikianswers, logic, and my own mind. :3

1. round

2. costumes

3. music

4. soap operas

5. dialogue

just took it, and got them all right! :)

• whit

Rhythmic Pentameter