Can yoga and walking help with anxiety?

I've currently had really bad anxiety lately. I do not want to be put on medicine because it is all in the mind. My questions are, does exercise help control anxiety? does weight have a play in anxiety? I currently weigh 160 and I'm 5'5", I am in no way happy with the way I look lately. Last question, would walking and yoga help with anxiety?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Walking and yoga will definitely help you focus your energy, but running would help you deal even more.

I had a very messy divorce several years back. I bought myself a treadmill and at my worst moments when I thought I'd lose my mind, I'd set the incline to its highest and run like the wind until I was ready to collapse. It helped put my mind and body in a much better place and got rid of all the tension my back and shoulders were holding onto. Over all I felt much better.

• Tracy

You should definitely continue. It will help you get in shape and become aware of your body. It will also help with your anxiety. Really try to focus on the breathing techniques and learn to meditate and clear your mind. Always pay attention to your body when doing any physical activity. Don't push it too hard. You might want to take a day off and give your body a rest. If your muscles are extremely sore and inflamed you could ice them, but just do 10 minutes at a time. Be sure to drink a lot of water and stretch.

40000 Cured Social Anxiety - http://socialanxiety.uzaev.com/?grQm

Walking helps me, especially with music. It all depends on what exercise you like. Yes, the increase in endorphins from exercise help your mood, but you may prefer walking or yoga vs. kickboxing and running.