Lv 6
Joe asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 8 years ago

What is the easier way to emigrate to Canada?

I have always loved Canada and most of my family lives there anyway. I am currently a Pre-Dental student and in four years I will apply to Dental School. Do you think it would be easier for me to go to a Dental School (similar to medical school) in the United States and then move to Canada to work, or should I just apply to Dental Schools in Canada so I can become a resident of Canada through school as a student? Which one would be easier?

3 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

    It's actually easier if you get your degree in Canada.

    There's a special option called Canadian Experience Class immigration for grads and temp workers because both are considered as having already acculturated & assimilated to life in Canada.

    More info on that:

    Link -

    It also saves the hassles of getting foreign credentials recognized, which is prerequisite to being able to practice in Canada.

    More info on that:

    Link -

    Everything you need to know about getting a study permit:

    Link -

    Everything you need to know about getting a work permit to help support yourself:

    Link -

    Lastly: US student loans can be spent on international education.

    And there are various US government programs to help pay some expenses.

    Link -

    Link -

    Some schools have financial assistance for foreign students.

    For example -

    Lastly, some Canadian government programs also assist foreign students.

    Link -

    Don't know whether any of that will be any use, but at least now you know about it.

    Most programs are for post-graduate students.

    Link -

  • 3 years ago

    i assume you mean immigrate to, that's the alternative of to migrate. properly, you are able to no longer immigrate to Israel in any respect until you're Jewish. so as that excludes maximum persons. It additionally excludes all the persons who used to stay in Israel earlier the Jews got here alongside fifty years in the past and kicked all human beings else in a foreign country. Oh, and whether you're Jewish, yet have become a Christian or Muslim or Buddhist, you're actually not allowed to immigrate into Israel. So Israel is definately the toughest. Germany is probable the least difficult. anybody from maximum of Europe can pass to and from Germany on each occasion they % and not utilising a visa or passport or something. it somewhat is using the european Union. additionally Europe is particularly stable at accepting immigrants. easily the main immigrant-friendly international locations are probable African international locations.

  • bw022
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Merely attending university in Canada does not grant you permanent residency or citizenship. You would still need to finish school and then apply as a skilled worker, or (if completing school in Canada) under the experience class category you may obtain a two year work permit and if you find one years work in your choosen profession, then you may apply for permanent residence.

    A dentist is one of the 'magic professions' which allows you to apply for permanent residency as a skilled worker without a job offer -- it is generally assumed that you will have no issues finding a job. However, there is a limit on the number of each profession and only 10,000 skilled worker applications are accepted each year, so you still need to compete based on language testing (English and French), age, degree, having a job offer, etc. so it still isn't a sure thing. The process is also fairly lengthy (medical exams, financial checks, background checks, etc.) -- several years in most cases.

    For the experience class, many Canadian universities may not have seats for foreign students for dentistry and those which do will likely have high entrance requirements. Costs for university for foreign students in Canada are roughly the same as in the US, although access to loans, scholarships, etc. might be limited. Obtaining a job within a year of graduation is probably not much of an issue for a dentist. The process will usually be a lot faster since you would have already have background and medical checks as part of your study permit and work permit and your financial situation would already be extremely good since you would have had a year working as a dentist.

    Doing university in Canada would likely be a slightly quicker route to permanent residency and probably a less uncertain route for a dentist. Just apply to a lot of dental universities, let Citizenship and Immigration know that you intend to apply for the work permit and later permanent residency, and ensure you have the money to pay (likely $150,000 over the three years). However, the skilled worker route is also fine as a dentist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.