Kate. asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 9 years ago

Is Greek yogurt actually good?

I would love to try some but I'm just worried that it won't be very good. I personally do not like regular yogurt, but I have fresh fruit to eat with it. So does anyone like it?

Favorite Answer

Greek yogurt is amazing......these are some of the ways you can use it....and trust me it is amazing....you can also use it when making smoothies

In my somewhat low-fat and really low-fat salad dressings.

-As a dip for steamed artichoke leaves and hearts: Mix with lemon juice, thinly sliced fresh basil, salt, and pepper. My brother taught me this one--much healthier than the melted butter I used to use!

-As a dip/sauce for grilled chicken, shrimp, or lamb: Mix with prepared white horseradish, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

-This isn't completely nonfat, but my mom's a big fan of using lowfat plain yogurt in place of sour cream on baked potatoes. (Or try the sauce above on baked potatoes--the horseradish adds a nice kick.)

-As a sauce for grilled salmon: Mix with chopped fresh dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

-Tzatziki, the classic Greek dip that's great with bread, veggies, on cooked meats, whatever: Mix with chopped cukes, a little minced garlic, a touch of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.

-Raita, the creamy sauce that cools off spicy Indian curries: Same as above, except replace the lemon juice with chopped fresh mint and a little ground cumin.

-As a marinade for chicken (this is cheating slightly, as you have to use full- or low-fat yogurt, but it's so delicious I had to include it): Mix with the spices of your choice and rub on a whole chicken before roasting it or use to marinate chicken chunks before skewering and grilling them. (The enzymes in the yogurt help tenderize the meat, and the fat adds moisture.)

• chanda

No, it is in reality rather excellent for you. But be certain you're eating the simple Greek yogurt's considering that the flavored ones have a lot of sugar in them- these could make you gain weight if you ate to many of the flavored ones but now not the simple sort. Are attempting including fruit or some honey to sweeten the yogurt. Chopped up apple in plain greek yogurt is my favourite. Which you could mix in any fruit and it will still be more fit than the flavored type.

i didnt think i would like it, but now i love it! i usually eat it with honey. yum!

Yes, It's nice, thick and creamy

• Sawyer

I like greek yogurt better than regular yogurt, it's less sweet and a little tangy.

yes it tastes very good. it taste like the origional tart flavor at yourgurt mtn.

its thicker and very creamy and you can get fat free ones but they still have sugar in them

dont get greek style only actual greek youghurt yummy

I love it, it's yummy.