Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 9 years ago

Heat Rash or HIves? Should I go to the doctors?

I went to WIldwood on Sunday from 10am to 10pm. Before I left for the beach, I put on the banana boat sunscreen. At first it left with a burning sensation but I thought it was because I shaved my legs the night before. I used the sunscreen 2-3 hours after that but by 5 or 6pm i stopped using it because I went to the waterpark. When I woke up Monday morning I had bumps all on my hands, arms, and knees. This happended to me last year but the doctor said to put cortizone on it. I've been doing this for the last 3 days and the bumps have spread to my chest, my knee areas, and from my hands all the way up to my shoulders.

From what I've seen on the internet, I could either have hives or some sort of heat rash. This happened last year when I used the BB sunscreen but I thought maybe my skin was just not use to it (first time buying it).

So what are these bumps from? Is it hives, or some type of allergic reaction. Should I go to the doctors?

My only symptom is: small bumps around my limbs that are itchy and kind of warm to the touch.

Favorite Answer

sounds like an allergic reaction to bb sunscreen. I am allergic to most sunscreens and what you are describing sounds similar to my experience. Look for a sunscreen without a whole bunch of added ingredients. Try to get something with just zinc oxide in it. Coppertone puts out a good one for sensistive skin. Ocean Potion is also one I'm not allergic to. Just have to find the right sunblock for your skin. Cheap=reactions in my experience. Look for a quality sunblock, you skin will be better for it.

Hope that helps.

Source(s): experience

hives heat rash

First take some benadryl ! You could be having a allergic reation to the sun screen. If this don't help,go to the D.R.

Source(s): my wife is a R.N.