Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 9 years ago

What's the difference between a 20 meter circle and a half circle 20 meters in dressage?

http://www.midsouthponyclub.org/wp-content/uploads...

In my dressage test, it says a few times "half circle 20 meters". I don't understand what that means. Thank you guys.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I know that test really well, so I can help you out. The half circles are at A, but you can think of it as a whole circle. Start your 20m circle at A in a trot, then approaching X, canter, and just complete the 20m circle in a canter. If you ever need to do just a half circle by itself, it's literally just half of a 20m circle. So you start it just like a full 20m circle, but end it half way around.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

convinced that could reason lameness. I has plenty to do with physics. It places thanks to a lot torque on the fetlock joints and the speed she grow to be going motives an boost in concussion to the floor. That coach sounds like she doesn't comprehend what she is speaking about because if she fairly had to make her have a lot less power there are a form of different belongings you could do at the same time with nutrients plan and exercising like using somewhat of continuous lunging. She must have stated that she needs to lunge this horse in tremendous cycles at notwithstanding speed she needs yet make her artwork.

• 4 years ago

Dressage 20 Meter Circle

• 9 years ago

Exactly what it says. ;) A 20 meter circle is a full circle. A half circle is, well, half a circle.

For example, in movements 8 and 9, basically it's a full circle at A, it's just that you have the canter transition at X.

Whenever you see half circle 20 meters, it's just like the first half of a 20 meter circle, you just don't finish it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Imagine a birds eye view of a dressage arena. Now, imagine, stretching from B to E, a giant half circle. The circle starts at E, curves up and down back to B. So you go to B, turn, travel up to about 10m above B on a curve, (by this time you should be halfway between E and B) then turn again, traveling back down on a curve to E. Then once you hit E you immediatly go straight again back down along the outside track until your next movement.

• 9 years ago

Perhaps this video will help you 'see' what the test looks like. You are riding the USEF 2010 Novice B test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djczbGxu3wk

Youtube thumbnail

• 9 years ago

A half circle would be from B to E, or E to B. Basically a 20m circle chopped in half. :)

• Janian
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It means the circle is still 20 metres in diameter but you only do half of a circle, for example if you go from A to X, you've only done half a circle... A to A would be a circle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.