asul
asul asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

How to broaden my own perspectives?

How can I strengthen a "think before speaking" philosophy and enhance my focus based on fair judgement? Lately, I cannot seem to accept that people see me as a good person because when I look within me, I see a flawed, tainted person with very limited perspectives, prone to judgement and ill thoughts...

• small
    Favorite Answer

When you look within yourself and find those negatives as you have mentioned, in spite of others confirming that you are a good person, it is humility that makes you vigilant and progressive..... in fact, it proves that your perspective is actually broad, because narrowing of perspective is the work of ego which subverts and prevents a broader look in order to protect its entrenched beliefs and convictions which are usually meant to bolster self aggrandizement.

I think, Make SURE of Others Perspective of You, as YOURS,and Follow the SAME.

Don't be too hard on yourself - we all do it....we're all human...and we all have to go through "growing pains" - even spiritually or mentally.

To broaden your perspectives, in the sort of ways you're looking for, try taking the things you know - and see them from a stranger's point of view. Try to be objective. (And that means no beating yourself up along the way!! LOL) Let your mind drift....how would a friend view it? A stranger? Does it even matter to someone in New Zealand?????

I don't even know you well, and I can see you're a good person!

Keep learning about new things and you will broaden your perspective soon enough.

This forum is a good place to broaden your perspective.I did it and you can do too.Just pay attention.

The wise man can learn wisdom even from folly.

Life is the best teacher.You will always learn what you need to know.

We are often our own harshest crits and judges. Do you have trust issues? Do you just accept the things people say about you or do you actualy believe them? Do you actualy have confidence in any of them? Do you trust them? Can you allow them to be themselves and do things how they do it without thinking they will screw up? Its often a case of projection of ourselves. How to think before speaking? For me it works by showing concern for, and having trust in others, their thoughts and actions. Giving others the benefit of the doubt.

Consider all and concluded to none...

Ummmm... I think just continue to be yourself

• Jimbo

You need to learn to see things from other people's perspective to be able to understand why other people do or say the things they do. You need not worry what other people do wrong, just concentrate on thinking, saying and doing good things yourself. It is good you see your own flaws--then you know what you need to work on within yourself. At the same time, realising you have flaws yourself, you can have compassion for other peoples flaws and have no need to judge them.

What an stunning component to assert; no longer used to everybody being outstanding interior the Yahoo solutions communicate board; standard, it facilitates to forget the rude solutions. Why customize, acceptable? thank you. i could stick around and study something.