What is a high inr level? On 20 mg of coumadin?

Er sent me home, dr stopped coumadin for one day no more recheck until tues. Im so fatigue. Thinking drs decision is good. Inr is 6.7

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The normal range for the INR is 0.8–1.2. Clinicians desiring therapeutic anticoagulation may aim for a higher INR - in many cases ranging from 2-3 - using anticoagulants such as warfarin.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

are you valuable that the inr became 24? like tab implied, that must be an INSANELY OUTRAGEOUS examining. so did your father ought to get nutrition ok injections? did they hospitalize him in one day? if so, he don't have been released until eventually his point became stabilized. the clarification that they desire him to take 10 mg is that now his point is amazingly low, so they're attempting to bump it up. is this meant to be a one-time dosage? if so, then what dose did they tell him to take after that? it does not sound precise for him to proceed to exist a 10 mg dose for extra advantageous than an afternoon or 2, although. why do no longer you bypass to the physician with him the subsequent time he is going? to no longer the lab attempt, to the physician. that way you could ask questions and attempt to make certain what's happening. how old is your father? does he get at a loss for words actual? does your father have a 7-day pill case? if he does not, then get him one in the present day! the clarification is that oftentimes this is tough to undergo in techniques regardless of if or no longer you took the pill so in case you get him a pill case that has the days of the week on it, then he would be conscious of for particular he already took it that day. he might have made that mistake some situations and that's the reason his point became so extreme. he additionally needs to make certain he does not drink cranberry or pomegranate juice or consume cranberry sauce, they are going to strengthen his inr. he additionally shouldn't take aspirin in any respect, that will strengthen the inr. and he should not be ingesting extra advantageous than one alcoholic drink according to day, through afib. if he beverages lots, he might get at a loss for words and take too lots coumadin. in case you nonetheless have concerns, then call his physician and talk it with him.

• Anna E
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

6.7 is pretty high. I have AFIB and my doctor is supposed to keep mine between 2 and 3. It got up to 3.5 once and I had a nose bleed that wouldn't stop, had to go to ER.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.