Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

Can't Get Over My Boyfriend's Past?

I love my boyfriend and i know in my heart he has never cheated on me nor would he so that is not the issue here. My problem is that he told me about girls he's slept with before he knew me, girl's that he's had me be in their company without me knowing they had sex, and now I can't help but obsess over him being with them. They are all very pretty, very very skinny and I am not. I'm not huge by any means, but I will never be rail thin either and these girls are. I can't help but feel that being in bed with me must be such a letdown after having been with so many girls with hot bodies. I feel like he is settling for me and that he'd have to be crazy to want me when he's clearly had much better. He has told me over and over that he loves me and only wants me and doesn't even think about these other girls, but I can't believe it because how could he not think about them? He said he wasnt attracted to them, that he had the opportunity for sex with all of them so he simply took it and that he used to be a scumbag like that but that when he met me he wanted to change and not be like that anymore because he actually found someone he wanted to be with. I just don't know if I will ever fully believe it though, I will always feel like I can't measure up to the girls of his past. Has anyone else ever gone through this and what do you do to get over these feelings? All help is really appreciated, I don't want to ruin what we had before I found out about these other women.

Favorite Answer

Just from a guys point of view, I have a past i'm not that proud of and I recently met a girl who I feel totally different about. I am scared of what she knows about my past but I don't want to lie to her if she ever wants to know about it. Then again maybe she won't be able to get over it if I tell her. So maybe just try to understand that he loves you now and you are nothing like those other girls to him and he won't be thinking about them at all because he's got you. (:

Source(s): How I feel

That's interesting

amazed that I found this topic already answered! it is like you've read my mind!

If you want to push a Guy that you like away, then keep freaking out about this. If he's telling you this then he must trust you and is clearly trying to let you know about him. He did say he feels different about his life now try to understand that and appreciate that he chose you. Trying to fix yourself is hard enuf without having someone that don't understand it. Past is past and should be left at that it would be different if he was still after girls

Source(s): Very open relationship asked my guy

I must admit I didn't read the whole lot before I started answering, but then I read all to be sure I was answering you correctly. Everyone has body issues. Some women just project confidence better than others. Popular media portray slim figures as being prettier. But this is not necessarily true. It's more important to be fit and healthy than thin. I just read through the rest of your answer and he sounds like any red-blooded male. Sometimes we sleep with a woman because we can. It's not one of our better traits, I admit. But maybe when he was with these skinny women he was fantasizing about women with a figure like yours. It is possible. Personally I prefer curvy women who are plump and round in the right places because they have bigger boobs and more prominent back sides. But a woman who is fit and healthy with it. So physical attraction is about taste and personal preference. All you have to do is walk tall and project confidence when arm-in-arm with your man and he will be more attracted to you and his skinny exes will be wishing they had sensual curves like yours.

I know what kind of obsessions you have, i have had similar and these thoughts drained my energy down. I just wished these thoughts would disappear but the more i tried to get rid of them the more they came, what i did was ACCEPTED THEM.. What ever came to my mind about my boyfriend with other girls i accept it all, after all its all in the mind, not in reality..

Source(s): Experience

he's not with them anymore he's with you - you can't expect him to not have had a life before you but anywho hes lying about not being attracted to them of course he was or he wouldn't have bothered hes just being sensitive to your feelings because he can tell your insecure