Was year was pokemon made in?

I have researched that it was in the 90s but could it be possible that some Pokemon activity were held in the 80s?

Favorite Answer

The very first Pokémon games, Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green were introduced in Japan on February 27, 1995.

North America received Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue on September 30th, 1998.

As for your plush characters, Pokémon was first proposed by it's creator Satoshi Tajiri in 1991 where it took 6 years to develope and then in 1995 is when the game was first picked up by Nintendo and franchised.

Source(s): Pokémon Fan

It was originally done back in the mid 1990s. The games was done back in 1995, and the anime was done in 1996. I was used to be into pokemon, until I didn't get the 2nd generation of Johto. Lost intetrest of the game series, but very little for the anime. I was back into pokemon when I got Pokemon Emerald, and got Pokemon Black to this day. I love the pokemon series to the bottom of my heart, and never leave it, you are never too old 2 pokemon.

Nintendo created Pokemon in 1996 :)