Holly asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

My beagle found a groundhog and now he is going CRAZY!!?

Theres a groundhog living under our front lawn..anyway I take him out to pee he tarts smelling it.. he smiffs the ground and I didnt realize anything but he was digging out their burrow!!

I haul him inside and now he is wimpering and crying like crazy! He is at the door clawing and making large snorting sounds Help I dont know what to do!!!!

Favorite Answer

Since you're apparently too feeble to go out & HELP it (know which end of a shovel to hold?) take the g-d vermin,you'll have to stay indoors,squealing to random strangers online, until an adult gets home,eh?

Of course he's wimpering and wants to get to it. That's only natural. Oh and teaching "off" or "leave it" is simply not going to work.

If you want to get the woodchuck out, then you need to dig to it. BTW, if your unable to do it for any reason, try to localte some earthdog people in your area, they'll come with their small terriers and dachshunds and get that sucka.

Visit American Working Terrier Assoc. They might be able to put you in contact with some Earthdog people. If not, then call a local exterminator.

Tell him no! Leave it. Get him playing with toy or ball. When out go back out have him on leash if he tries to get to it say leave it don't forget to praise. Let him know its not a behavior you will allow

• Kunzy

vet