Is it safe to have a tetanus shot while pregnant?

I'm nearly 20 weeks, what it is my last shot was over 10 years ago and now I'm just beginning to worry, I have a pet cat Siamese and he's very playful but rough and he sometimes breaks the skin! I'm worried that if I cut myself or something I'm not covered by my last tetanus shot? Is it safe to get one while pregnant or should I just get it after the baby is born, and if I'm breastfeeding is this safe too?

Sorry just really confused as there are loads of people saying there is mercury in it but my midwife seems to think its fine I dunno just any pregnant women can give their views please?? xx

First, you made a mistake via staring on the information superhighway. They positioned frightening issues up there. in the journey that your physician knew you have been pregnant, i actually rather rather doubt, properly IKNOW he/she does no longer, provide you the single with mercury in it. that's first degree homicide - sure, somewhat one is considered human. Plus, you will possibly have already have been given warning signs...it would have interfered with the cellular branch and chromosomal unwinding, and so on, and you will possibly have already gotten undesirable vomiting, abdomen aches, miscarriage even... yet you have no longer. The tetanus shot receives into your gadget purely approximately at modern through fact the rather ailment itself can kill a individual interior of four days or something like that. this is nice you acquire the shot....purely ask your physician as a precaution. yet i think of your infant is high-quality:)

Nope shots are bad they prevent outbreak of very contagious and dangerous diseases but in 0.01% of the cases the shots can cause complications.

Yes it's fine ask the doctor