I would like to join the Air Force. Does the credit check has a huge impact on being able to join.?

I have about 37,000 dollars in loans. 3,000 in credit card bills ( which i haven't paid in months ) I'm 21 yrs old and I regret taking out those cards and that loan. Does the Air force give good benefits ?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have unpaid loans which are significantly overdue and/or in collection, you can expect to be denied enlistment until you resolve the problem. A history of bad credit could also affect your security clearance eligibility, which could make many military jobs unavailable to you.

Financial Eligibility Determinations

Some recruits will have to show that they will be able to meet their current financial obligations upon enlistment. This includes recruits who are married (or who have ever been married), recruits who require a dependency waiver, recruits with a history of collection accounts, bankruptcy, closed uncollected accounts or bad credit. In the Air Force, it also includes any recruit who is at least 23 years of age. In general, the services are attempting to ensure that the recruit can meet current financial obligations on military active duty pay. For example, the Air Force uses the "40 percent rule." Any recruit who's monthly consumer debts (not counting debts which can be deferred, such as student loans) exceeds 40 percent of his/her anticipated military pay is ineligible for enlistment.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

There are purely some, if any, jobs in any of the militia centers that do no longer require a protection clearance. The clearance relies partly upon whether there is a demonstration which you would be subjected to destructive outdoors impacts, and whether you would be depended on. Your possibility is very very narrow. notwithstanding the reason, sparkling up your indebtedness and sparkling your record. whether you get interior the front door, you're actually not likely a ways in case you do no longer straighten it out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.