Matthew 25:40 - need info from Christians?

If feeding and clothing and housing and otherwise helping the needy is the same thing as feeding, clothing, housing, and otherwise helping Jesus, isn't it also true that depriving women of their right to own their own body is depriving Jesus of his right to own his own body? Is telling me that I am less than you (spiritually) but I can become equal if I do as you say to do the same thing as telling Jesus that he is less than you but he can become equal to you if he follows you rather than you follow him?

Favorite Answer

Any action against "one of the least of these thy brethren" is an action against your Christ within. It would be good for Christianity to realize that Christ originally did not mean Jesus. Its earliest meaning is 'cross'. "Christ in you the hope of glory" is all about inner responsibility, the complete crucifixion of the flesh. Even the Egyptian Ankh, symbol of Life, declares this with its form.... a circle atop a cross, or a man placed on a cross inwardly.

The answer: that's taking this passage out of context. It's called "proof texting" where you search the Bible for verses that support the opinion you bring to the Bible to prove. You have to read this passage in it's original context and apply it appropriately.

For instance, if I applied that logic to the passage that states that husbands are to be like Christ to the church. If done so in combination with other text by "proof texting" I could argue that husbands should die to forgive the sins of their wives.... And we know that's foolish because we know this text is not intended that way.

In the original text you mentioned, Jesus is saying that how we treat our brothers and sisters in Christ is how we treat Him. So, to apply this appropriately to husbands being the head of the marriage, is a part the men are to be responsible for. And it applies to the body of Christ. For if the head mistreated the body the head would punish himself, likewise, if the body (wife) refused to work with the head (husband) then how would the head be able to achieve what's necessary?

The whole body must work together, but we all have to fulfill the role we are given or the whole body suffers.

So, to properly apply these two text to one another. If a husband mistreats his wife and does not honor and respect and serve her then the husband dies not honor, respect, or serve the Father. Likewise if women do not respect, submit to their husbands than the women do not respect out submit to God.

Psalm 139:13 NIV says, "For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb."

Just as you have no right to take the life of someone that has been born, you also do not have the right, in God's eyes, to take the life of a child that hasn't been born. A baby possesses DNA upon fertilization. At that point, it is a unique creature differentiating itself from any human before or after them. A baby is not part of a woman's body, but is a living being inside of it utilizing the mother for development and nourishment. I would say the "needy" in the situation you describe would be the unborn child that can't fend for itself. In actuality, when we kill a helpless unborn child we we kill Jesus.

I am not a better person because I have put my faith in Christ. There is nothing about me that is better than you. Christians believe that we are covered by the righteousness of Christ, so that when God looks on us He doesn't see our failures, but the righteousness of His Son. Following Christ doesn't make me better, in fact it makes me less. Jesus Himself said, "He must become greater, I must become less." in John 3:30. Giving us the picture that it is actually through humility that we can glorify God. I don't know who you've encountered that has made you feel less, but I'm sorry for that.

This parable, which is Matthew 25:31-40, is about the second coming of Christ and about how true believers would be "about our Father's work". You could contort this scripture to say all kinds of things like, but the truth is Jesus is saying that I know you whom truly believed because you glorified my name by serving one another.

I hope this helps.

Source(s): biblegateway.com

1) If feeding and clothing and housing and otherwise helping the needy is the same thing as feeding, clothing, housing, and otherwise helping Jesus, isn't it also true that depriving women of their right to own their own body is depriving Jesus of his right to own his own body?

a - no; conclusion does not follow logically from the premise

b - as far as I know, no one whose native culture is in the West is trying to deny women the right to their own bodies; instead, they are trying to deny women the right to destroy their children's bodies

2) Is telling me that I am less than you (spiritually) but I can become equal if I do as you say to do the same thing as telling Jesus that he is less than you but he can become equal to you if he follows you rather than you follow him?

No - and also that is silly and not something a Christian would do.

- Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com/

Today, over seven million members of the great crowd are living under the active leadership of the heavenly King Jesus Christ. They are in subjection to Christ and in close association with his anointed brothers yet on earth. Concerning the treatment that the great crowd accord these anointed ones, Jesus says: “Truly I say to you, To the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.” (Matthew 25:40) Because they unselfishly render aid to Christ’s anointed brothers, those of the great crowd are judged to have done good to Jesus himself. This helps them to have a secure relationship with Jesus Christ and Jehovah God. They have been privileged to join the anointed remnant in becoming God’s Witnesses and bearers of his name.—Isaiah 43:10, 11; Joel 2:31, 32.

• Ruth

This is a round about question for abortion, right? Abortion is the killing of infants.

don't be foolish. why do you continue to post moronic questions?