is Volkswagen beetle cheap?

Is the Volkswagen beetle (model 2000) a cheap car? I am thinking of getting one. And will it be obvious that it is the old model or is it similar to the newer ones? Thanks..

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

its similar to the newer ones.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

No German car is cheap. Maintenance requires higher better products. Synthetic oil, good gas vw/Audi coolant.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

it is a fairly inexpensive car and i have one in my shop a tdi with 350000 miles (yes i said 350 thousand) on it so the statement about it getting to 70000 miles is not correct, maybe they had problems with the mechanic or the car but i dont know. we have bugs upwards of 100000 miles almost daily, if you do the maintenence there should be no problems so soon the most important thing to remember is your timing belt and to use synthetic oil. i hope this helps if you have any further questions please feel free to call at 281 554 4067, we are happy to help you with any vw questions you may have

• roger
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

this is a basic cheap audi and when new it did its job just ffine as the time and mileage progressed the car turned out to have several problems after about 70,000 miles they were prone to headgasket and electrical problems and once past a hundred thousand engine and transmission problems were common place. This is also a dealer only parts car and there had been a fair amount of buzz at some recent price hikes that have consumers on the anxious side. This is one of those cars that works great when new and you get to 50,000 miles or so send it down the road. seems to work out a lot better.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I offered my 'seventy two orange great beetle in October for $one thousand, i'm nevertheless unwell and heartbroken over it, even with the undeniable fact that it mandatory a sparkling transmission....nevertheless the individuals have been given a terrific deal. examine ebay, theres continuously low priced ones in Ca. sturdy success!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.