My boyfriend lied to me last night? ?

So my boyfriend always tells me he would never hurt me and always tell me the truth. He says he loves me more than anything and I make him so happy.

Last night he told me some number texted him saying "I love you still and I don't think you feel the same." my bf said he texted back saying who's this. He said they were like "I don't want to say I know you don't feel the same." I asked my bf if he texted back and he said no but when I checked his phone a few minutes later he texted back and kept saying "can you please tell me who this is. I really want to know."

He doesn't know I know he lied, and I know it's a small lie but it keeps making me wonder and it makes me think he was hoping it was his ex or something because he really wanted to know who it was. I feel kinda hurt. I don't know what to do?

The only reason why I checked his phone was because when I asked if he texted back he said no in a really weird suspicious way.

Favorite Answer

Check his phone bill if you can. It will show that phone number reappearing if he is indeed cheating.

Also, try to Google the phone number. It might reveal who it is.

You could also call the number yourself from a different phone and pretend to be someone else.

But some logical advice. If the number is from the same area code, it is likely not a coincidence.

If he doesn't know who it is then it could be two things: HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO IT IS and he wants to know who the hell is sending those creepy messages. He lied because he doesn't want you to worry about it. Or there could be so many girls he can't keep track.

First of all, you shouldn't have checked his phone, no matter what. Its an invasion of privacy. You need to give him space, him lying to you is wrong of him and his problem, you don't need to fall into the same boat. If you come up to him telling you knew that he lied, he wouldn't be happy with you.... he could get angry, I don't know.

• Chris

Who cares, you sound 13. Like this relationship was going to last anyway. Stupid.

Moral to the story: don't go through other people's phones, it's an invasion of privacy.

I think it was a tiny white lie.