My boyfriend is meeting my parents for the first time Saturday, any tips?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a month now. It's a long distance relationship, 2 hours away, so we usually meet in the middle to go do something. Saturday he's driving to my house to pick me up (I still live with my parents) and then we're going to the Aquarium and spending the whole day together. This is a first relationship for both of us. (I'm 20, he's 22) What can we both expect with this? I told him not to be nervous, my parents are so easy going. What questions are usually asked?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

This is a minefield. Just hope for few gaffes!

My Gran asked my fiance (on their first meeting), couldn't you find any women your own age then? (I was 20 he was 26.) He was prepared for that to be asked, he said, and he was going to answer "...because I'm a Nabukov fan..." I really believed that's what he would say. Luckily he came up with "...she may be younger than me physically but mentally she well in advance of me..." You can see why I loved him.

Source(s): My Dad joked he would ask, "I hope you can run fast if you get her pregnant". Luckily he never did.

The key thing is he should set a good first impression. Be nice, friendly, social and come across as a good boyfriend to you. They'll probably just ask what he does for a living and if your dad is into sports then maybe something along the lines of that. They might even ask how you both met (if they dont already know). Good luck

just don't eat any cabbage/eggs so he won't fart

make sure his weenie isn't hanging out!

The questions normally asked are about his background, his friends, his routines, his job, his plan for life, and his parents and how both of you are together yeah stuff like that's all i know about. But i think it would be good if your boyfriend brought small gifts for your parents you know like chocolates or flowers or something like that :-) good luck