What are the statistics of arrange marriage in India?

Also, what is the usage / point does it still have in modern area? Can you also provide your source? Not that I don't trust you guys, but I would like to read the website(s).

Thank You!!!

Favorite Answer

Just based on what I read on this web site in the wedding, marriage and divorce sections, I can tell you that the statistics of staying married are higher than average for arranged marriages. This is not because their love is so strong and their marriage is so good. They remain married through the most horrible relationships because it is too shameful to their families to divorce.

So, do not allow those statistics to fool you into believing that less divorces means happier marriages. it is quite the contrary. Many people in arranged marriages are totally miserable from honeymoon till death. All in the name of their culture. It makes no sense.