My bf lied to me last night? ?

So my boyfriend always tells me he would never hurt me and always tell me the truth. He says he loves me more than anything and I make him so happy.

Last night he told me some number texted him saying "I love you still and I don't think you feel the same." my bf said he texted back saying who's this. He said they were like "I don't want to say I know you don't feel the same." I asked my bf if he texted back and he said no but when I checked his phone a few minutes later he texted back and kept saying "can you please tell me who this is. I really want to know."

He doesn't know I know he lied, and I know it's a small lie but it keeps making me wonder and it makes me think he was hoping it was his ex or something because he really wanted to know who it was. I feel kinda hurt. I don't know what to do?

Favorite Answer

Some guys lie like that on the little things because they know it will hurt the one they love.

Like my boyfriend. there is this girl that is FWB his twin brother she is the biggest whore i've ever seen. but i told him not to talk to her, but he did one day and i asked him if he did and he said no because he knew it would hurt me. But when we got in the car she talked about what they were talking about. so he lied.

i dont think it was a bad thing that you went through his phone because u at least found out the truth instead of looking like a stuiped girl and belliveing him but this isnt that big of a situation talk dont argue cause then on thing leads to another and its not good

Don't do anything. You shouldn't have gone through his phone.

I'm wondering why you are checking his phone? If there is no trust on you respecting his privacy, why are you in a relationship in the first place? Don't go looking for every insecure thing you can do. You could be the ex pretty soon.

Calmly confront him about it., you probably have no reason to be jealous but it's always better to talk about problems and doubts than to keep them bottled up. What you did was wrong too, but still you caught him lying so you obviously had a reason not to trust him.