Atheists and Agnostics and believers topic of a point?

THE TOWER OF BABEL &

THE ANCESTRY OF ABRAHAM

Genesis 11:1-9..........Hold on! Abraham came from the Babylonian kingdom.At the time Babylonian Empire was under the influence of Zoroastrianism.And you know what? Read Zoroaster scriptures.Same Adam Eve,Same Satan (Ariman) casted away from heaven by God (Ahura Mazda).Same Adam and Eve.Same Noah's flood,same virgin birth's,same mountain sinai story.Even same miraj(Journey to heaven).I am not in a mood to ridicule I want to ask what is all these?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Abram left Ur circa 18th - 35th centures BCE, many Jewish and Christian scholars suggest circa 2000BCE.

Zoroastrianism is thought to originate circa 6th Century BCE in Persia (not Babylon)

That doesn't mean there hasn't been some influence of the two religions on each other and also influence of ancient Egypt on both cultures, not to mention the Canaanite religions and many other religions of the local area over the thousands of years that the OT or Torah was being formed. In fact we know for certain from the Torah that this did indeed happen, the influence of Baal worship and Ashtorath worship was common and the root cause of many of Israel's problems.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It means that the Abramaic religions were plagiarised from neighbouring beliefs i.e. they are not original.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well here's the thing, the Abrahamic monotheisms all share a common route with the much older Canaanite polytheism. Yahweh was the same god as El(he even says so in the Bible), the chief god, creator of everything, and father of all the other gods of the local polytheistic pantheon of the region. It's why so much of hierarchy of angels etc... seem strangely similar to one head god and a bunch of lesser gods in all but name.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm not sure what it is that you are holding back ridicule from.

Assume for a moment that Babel was a real place whose people did build a tower, and who suffered a terrible disaster. Wouldn't you expect local cultures to tell stories about it? Just because you have stories about an event by different culture does not mean the story is false. On the contrary, it can be evidence that the story is based on fact.

After the nuclear power plant disaster in Japan, cultures around the world told stories about it. According to your logic, this means that the stories are mere myth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You cannot use your religious texts to prove your point. It makes your argument cyclic. It is the same principle as defining a word using the word you are defining. If you can provide evidence that isn't supported by your religion then we can debate.

• 9 years ago

Satan knows the scriptures too

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I dont know, im Agnostic remember i dont know what to believe :-)

• I'm pretty sure the only time Babylon was Zoroastrian was when it was conquered by the Persians, but ok.

The story of the flood is Sumerian in origin.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yup, same old story.

Source(s): lol
  • 9 years ago

These is bible verses.

Source(s): Science.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.