Travelling from JFK Airport to New Jersey (Edison)?

Hi,

Can somebody advise me how to travel from JFK airport to NJ (Edison city)? I am traveling with my family (with 4 heavy luggage's and some carry-ons). I heard from one my friend that I need to pay around $150 if I travel through cab. So, please let me know which is the best way to travel. (I mean cost and safety wise)

Favorite Answer

My friend, the best and cheapest way to get from JFK to Edison, NJ is by public transit.

From the airport, you can take the JFK Airtrain to Jamaica Station, where a connection can be made to the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station.

Once at Penn Station, follow the directional signs to the NJ Transit Concourse, which is where you catch the Northeaster Corridor Line from Penn Station to Edison.

The one way fare on the Airtrain, which an airport shuttle train will cost you $5 per person, while a one way off-peak ticket on the LIRR, which is a commuter railroad will cost you $6.25 per person.

If you're arriving on the weekends, you can purchase a CityTicket for $3.75 per person.

The one way fare from New York Penn Station to Edison on NJ Transit will cost you $12.25 per person.

Overall, you will be pay $23.50 per person ($21 per person if you're traveling on the weekends) in public transit fares, which is way cheaper than the $150 you would have pay if you have taken a taxi from the airport to the Edison.

Alternately, you can land at Newark-Liberty Airport and take NJ Transit from there to the Edison for $13.75 person. The fare includes access to the Newark Airtrain, which is an airport monorail train.

I hope this information is very helpful.

Good luck

Source(s): native

Jfk Edison

Given that you have 4 suitcase and definitely more than one person, take a UBER cab , it will cost 75-90 bucks which is similar to 3 people fare and also will save you extended pain after a long flight.

Also, if you are not a uber fan, you can consider local taxi from Edison whom you can call JFK for 80-100 bucks based on the negotiation.

Picking a cab from airport for edision is last option as it can cost you north of 150$

It is worth the price to take a cab from JFK to Edison NJ. You say that you will have your family and lots of luggage. You are taking a long flight. Do you want to have to travel about 2 hours or more by using our buses or pay and be comfortable. The difference in price is not that much. About $15 each from the airport to the bus station then around $8 each from Port Authority to Edison NJ

Can you change your flight to land at EWR?

Good Luck

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Hi,

Can somebody advise me how to travel from JFK airport to NJ (Edison city)? I am traveling with my family (with 4 heavy luggage's and some carry-ons). I heard from one my friend that I need to pay around $150 if I travel through cab. So, please let me know which is the best way to travel....

Source(s): travelling jfk airport jersey edison: https://tr.im/ZtEfQ

To keep the Mickey Mousing at a minimum I would just bite the bullet and take a cab / van to Edison

For a group of 4 or 5 a taxi is the least expensive way to get into Manhattan

Flat fee of $45.00 +toll +tip = $60.00

add the $ 50.00 the other guys cited +whatever it may cost you to take yet another taxi to your destination +the value of the schlepp factor + your time

This site gives a price of $ 205.00 door to door private vehicle

If you do it that way then you will be at your destination in Edison before a NYC taxi could get you to your destinaton in Manhattan

https://stateshuttle-ee.hudsonltd.net/reservations...

You can take the NY Airport Service bus from JFK to either Port Authority Bus Terminal and take a NJ Transit bus to Secaucus or to NY Penn Station and take a NJ Transit train to Secaucus.

You can take a taxi from JFK to either Penn Station or Port Authority Bus Terminal.

Source(s): www.riya.travel

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend public transit. Between the cost of the AirTrain, subway, and NJT train, plus the extra time and stress involved (the taxi would likely cut through Staten Island and save you a bunch of time compared to taking transit the roundabout way through Manhattan), it's just not worth taking transit.

I hope this information was very helpful.