What makes a person physically attractive?

Favorite Answer

Women like a man with a big fat wallet, men like women who are able to take responsibility for themselves and behave like adults...

Source(s): Reality.
  • seelye

a chum of mine (he's a common practitioner who focuses on facial reconstruction) says that its all about symmetry. The extra symmetrical your face is, the further proper you're. Like, if both area of your face is exactly like another (eg. eyes on an same proper) then you definately are proper. apparently, ugliness is many times because your face isn't symmetrical. desire this helped!

• Well besides your genetic progamming to find certain people attractive, that depends entirely on your sex drive and your sexuality, and your personality. For instance:

1) Most guys find Holli Barry highly attractive. I don't. I'm straight but she looks too basic to me because I have seen much better growing up. I grew up where there were a lot of black girls, and Holli in comparance is too simple and plain to me.

2) I find Rihanna highly attractive, specifically when she wears her hair in a feminine way. She has an exotic cute face, awesome body, sexy voice, etc.

3) Many gay men finds Brad Pitt highly attracive. I don't because I am not attracted to masulinity. I'm not into muscles, hairy body, mannish facial features and above all, I'm not into a mans personality. I like the opposite, which is female.

4) I really like girls with slight facial freckles yet some gury feel that freakles are hideous.

5) Some people say, "it's facial symmetry", when to me, I like a little asymmetry whether it be a mole on one side or cheeks that provide a slightly asymetrical smile, it just adds more interest. Too much asymmetry = ugly usually. But to say absolute symmetry is beauty is not true for everyone because some people have the most symettrical faces and look very plain because of it.

So again, it depends on many things. The problem is, society likes to claim that there is only one true absolute beauty and if you don't agree then you eitehr have bad taste or you're not the sexuality you say you are, etc, when in truth, beauty comes in many forms to many people. But I think we can all agree that what beautiful looking people have in common is an baby-like angelic appearance with a sense of maturity. Meaning, soft skin, youthful face and body with important prown up parts like T & A for women.

One thing that's required in facial symmetry.

The rest of it is pretty complicated. There's a medical textbook for plastic surgery that has pages and pages of information and specific measurements on what is aesthetically ideal- little things like the centimeters between the bottom of your nose and your upper lip and ratios of the spacing between your eyes. It's pretty complicated.

Let's say never having met the person... A person that is physically healthy [nice hair, nice teeth, nice body weight, clean and hygienic], a nice smile that reaches the eyes, squared shoulders with head held high and nice mannerisms...

• ?

I think a lot of women would like men who would take responsiblity and act like an adult but you can't have ever thing.

As far as whats attractive. I think it varies quite a bit from person to person.

A big heart coupled with self assurances.

Everything and nothing. Each person has their own concept of attractiveness.