Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 9 years ago

Parents/ senior citizens - Which of these living arrangements would you prefer?

thanks for answering my question =)

1. living in a resthome - your children visit you once a month or so

2. living by yourself in a separate house - visiting your children once a month or so

3. living next door or down the street from your children, visiting your children/grandchildren most days of the week, they can come to your house or you can to go to their house

4. living with your children, which allows you to be a part of your grandchildren's daily life. you have your own separate private room plus lounge upstairs , plus independence , you can visit friends or invite friends over etc.

Assuming money is not an issue and also assuming that your children will be happy with your preferences !

Favorite Answer

We are living by ourselves and like it that way. Kids and grand kids come when they can and we go visit them when we can. We are still both active and drive and I work part time.

I have a separate little apartment type arrangement in the bottom floor of my daughter's home. I have a large room with a fireplace, a laundry room and a bathroom. I see my grandchildren every day which I adore!! I've lived here for nearly three years, at their insistence, after I broke my femur. Of course I would prefer to live independently but due to my mobility problems, that isn't possible. Therefore, I consider myself very blessed!

Senior voters are in contrast to 3 synthetic merchandise. in case you place up the kit and make a run of toasters, they're going to all be an identical. Handles will interchange, components, component covers etc. we are all diverse. some like solitude at the same time as others prefer to party hearty and there are examples of ever achievable median team. on the grounds that I even have an quite low opinion of the individuals in many circumstances, i could in basic terms as quickly be on my own. One individual or in keeping with risk 2 yet 3 or extra has a tendency to grow to be a herd of senseless livestock and that i'm too previous to handle a stampede. Cheers GIMP

4, but a separate little house in the back yard. Use to be called an inlaw house or mother-in-law house.

• Monty

3 would be good. I would have my independance, so would they.

4 would be second choice. My daughter is a wonderful person, great Mom, etc. But she is also quick to make her opinions be heard, and enforced.

No. 2 is working great for me and them....they are both an hour away and we are not joined at the hip although we love each other very much. No grandchildren.

I would like to live on the property one of my children had. I would definitely want my own structure and yard space. My children are against smoking, anything. I'm not. So if I could have my own place, close, but not too close that would make me peaceful. The rule would be no drop in visits, call first to see if a visit is convenient, goes both ways!

• Blank

We do #2. Works well for all of us. We live within a two hour drive of our children. We are currently planning our family camping/lake trip which usually happens in July or August depending on their vacation schedules.

I like my grown up sons and their families but I enjoy my friends too. And, I like my time to do what I like to do: garden, sew, visit with friends. It's fine with me that I don't see my kids every week. Everyday? I think that might be a bit much for us and for them.

• ?

2 we are doing that except only see children once or twice per year.

3. we are already doing that