Driving without insurance crb check?

I got caught accidentally driving without insurance (I had no idea my insurance hadn't been renewed - horrible shock), got 6 points on my license and a £200 fine. Will this show up on a CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) check and affect my chances of getting into a nursing school? When applying this hadn't happened yet so I hadn't declared anything at the time, and I don't want it to look like I've lied on my application.

I have already been given an offer at the university subject to satisfactory health and CRB Checks. Is this likely to be revoked when they find out about the insurance.

I applied through UCAS before I got caught, so at the time my record was clean.

Favorite Answer

Yes. Unlike parking on a yellow line, a fine for having no insurance is a criminal offence so will show up. The Enhanced CRB will show your occupation at the time of the offence, the date the offence was committed, the date of conviction and the penalty awarded against you. It will also show any formal cautions you have received.

Whether it affects your application depends upon your dates tying up in terms of when you applied and whether you lied or not. If so that's regarded far more seriously than the offence itself, which on its own would only tend to go against you if they're choosing between equally suitable candidates and others have clean records.

• felker

CRB exams are purely required for jobs that contain get entry to to constrained categories of persons (infants, predominantly). %exams are oftentimes inaccessible different than via the police. i come across it complicated to think of any situation wherein those exams enthusiastic about a profession in chartered accountancy must be correct.

Yes, It will show up.